Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow Honey

Go down

Rainbow Honey Empty Rainbow Honey

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:29 pm

http://www.rainbowhoney.com/

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Honey Empty Re: Rainbow Honey

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Ordered 7/19 and received the order the following Saturday. I was really excited to find some named for things that interest me. I chose Ivy's Kiss and Kraken. Poison Ivy was always one of my favorite Batman villains, and I love all things associated with nautical themes especially krakens and other aquatic tentacley friends.

My order contained 2 glitter/jelly polishes and the July mystery bag. I tried out one color(Kraken) immediately. It is fantastic. I used it over a different polish and it covered the other polish completely with 1 thin layer. They are so gloriously glittery! Sometimes it feels like a polish could use to have about 30-50% more glitter and you find that you need to put 4 layers to have adequate gitteriness, but not these. They definitely wont leave you feeling glitter deficient.

I tried to use the 2nd polish a week later but found the consistency to be off. If you have ever tried to spread a really chunky strawberry jam over toast then you can picture the thickness of this polish. I was pretty disappointed. After all this polish was actually the the one I made the order for in the first place. While I in no way regret buying them, Kraken and the mystery bag were afterthoughts to make shipping worth it.

I contacted the shop about it, but unfortunately the color had been discontinued and was also out of stock. Much to my surprise they offered to send a different polish in its place.

Other users have mentioned the goop factor being a rather common thing with this shop. I decided to order some OPI nail polish thinner from Amazon to see if I can fix it though.

If I were to rate this shop on a scale of 5 stars I would give them 4 stars. Only 4 because I would be leery about buying things as gifts from here for non-indie users. When I shop with an indie I also think about how giftable products from the shop would be for people who are used to mainstream products instead. Like if they would be easy for my teen sister with minimal experience to use, or for my mom who wont use it if it the process is too complicated. If they require after-market modifications to work well too. That sort of thing.

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down