Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cocoa Pink

5 posters

Go down

Cocoa Pink  Empty Cocoa Pink

Post by Mink Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 pm

http://cocoapink.net/
Mink
Mink

http://minkishly.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Cocoa Pink  Empty Re: Cocoa Pink

Post by Mink Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:03 pm

I LOVE Cocoa Pink! Their scent list is amazingly huge and everything smells wonderful. It's like a gourmand's dream come true. Their hair products are very effective and I particularly love their Princess Poo shampoo, Argan Therapy Creme and Soulmate Hair Rescue Treatment. Their deodorant comes in an adorable and surprisingly generous travel size and keeps me fresh even after an intense workout at the gym. I did find some of their perfume oils to be a little faint and short-lasting; in general, I would prefer their scented hair and body products over the perfume.

Price-wise, everything is very reasonably priced for the quality and quantity. They've always fallen nicely within the stated turnaround time and Beverly is an extremely nice, professional and knowledgeable brand owner. I would definitely recommend Cocoa Pink to everyone. I'm pretty sure that they're one of my top 10 indie brands.

Here's a detailed review of my first order. I'm still in the midst of writing the review for the second and will update this post once it's up!
Mink
Mink

http://minkishly.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stumpside Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:28 pm

I've only made one order from Cocoa Pink, but they are now one of my favorite indies! Admittedly I've been spoiled by brands with much faster TATs, but CP's products are well worth the wait. I ordered the Princess Poo shampoo, Argan Therapy Creme conditioner, and bubbling scrub. Thoughts:

Princess Poo is amazing, not stripping at all - I've been alternating use with a tea tree shampoo (scalp issues, maaan), and it's really been helping my poor dry locks. I do wish it lathered a bit - I sometimes end up using more than I need because I can't tell if the shampoo is dispersed adequately because there are no bubbles. The scent I chose, Peppermint Hot Cocoa, is difficult to detect but not unpleasant.

The Argan Therapy is nice, but not what I expected. My hair definitely feels softer when I use it, and I love the Marshmallow fragrance! The texture is creamy, slightly on the thinner side and.. Ever so slightly gritty? It's kind of neat. Since my hair is so dry I'll be getting CP's deep conditioner next time, because while I like this conditioner, I do need something a little more heavy duty.

The Bubbling Scrub, I find compares to another brand - Debaucherous Bath. It's a powerful scrub that uses finer grains of sugar and bubbles up quite a bit. I love it and will order it again when I run out.

stumpside

Back to top Go down

Post by vanillabreeze Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:50 am

The Anti-Frizz Serum is fantastic and and the Ends with Argan Conditioning Detangler is really nice. The two work in conjunction to make my hair as nice as its even been! The hairspray is a good lightweight hairspray. I wasn't particularly fond of the Squeaky shampoo's lather or consistency, Princess Poo was preferable. The Shine Sweetie conditioner is nice, could maybe just be a little bit better at detangling. Using the shampoo and conditioner does make my hair feel more lightweight and soft.
The scent list is huge and I find the products to be strongly scented. Just a note of warning: the labels are either falling off or already have for the items I keep in the shower area, the other items' labels are fine.

vanillabreeze

Back to top Go down

Cocoa Pink  Empty Very happy

Post by meeooooooww Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:07 pm

I had always wanted to order from Cocoa Pink because of their extensive scent list, but the shipping price to Canada put me off a bit. I decided if I was going to order, I needed to go big. I place an order for 42 perfume drams. Especially because I had ordered right before limited edition sets were being discounted and my order was so large, I expected it to take a while to get to me. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it was well within turn around time. Everything was wrapped very nicely with bubble-wrap. I received 3 free samples (two of their lotion, and one shampoo). I actually like every single perfume I ordered (which is surprising considering how many). They refunded me excessive shipping (which turned out to be a lot, actually) and they refunded me for a mistake I made in ordering which overcharged me. Will definitely order again. I want to pick up some full-sizes of the lotions and shampoo for sure!

meeooooooww

Back to top Go down

Post by subaru17 Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:51 am

I received a sample of the coco mango butter in a destash purchase. The formula is smooth and not too heavy, but it moisturizes my skin well. The scent, Pink Dragon, is strong and lasted from bedtime to well into the next day. I will be trying more and will give my feedback here.
subaru17
subaru17

Back to top Go down

Post by subaru17 Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:45 pm

I placed an order with CocoaPink end of March based on my good experience with my coco mango butter sample. I ordered the following:

4.75 oz voluptuous body butter in Caramelized Pears (by special request; not on current scent list)
2.75 oz coco mango butter in Marshmallow Cake on Mondays
3 drams of perfume oils in Strawberry Noel, Lychee Rose Macaroons, and Ivory Eyelet

Overall, I loved everything. I can't pick a favorite because I enjoy everything. Either the owners have a knack for blending or use high quality stock oils and blends. Strawberry Noel smelled like a strawberry milkshake and of better quality than the Bath and Body Works scent itself. Caramelized Pears smells like caramel pecan ice cream; not exactly pears, but I am in love. The coco mango butter is smooth, thick, but not greasy at all. My legs are super soft, even when hairy. The butter scent is stronger than some of my commercial perfumes that I paid at least 10 times more for.

Turnaround time was stated as 14 business days; my order was shipped and received within 12, including the weekends.

I have made a group order with another member on reddit to save more % based on a sale; if I enjoy what I got from that one, I will be a repeat customer for sure.
subaru17
subaru17

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Thu May 21, 2015 9:47 pm

http://www.indieknow.net/2015/01/company-overview-cocoapink.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down