Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garden Of Wisdom (Skincare)

5 posters

Go down

Garden Of Wisdom (Skincare) Empty Garden Of Wisdom (Skincare)

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:59 pm

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/home.html

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Garden Of Wisdom (Skincare) Empty Re: Garden Of Wisdom (Skincare)

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Source
yvva wrote:LOVE GoW. Top quality for oils, great oil info pages, great to get clay masks. Their creamy cleansers are awesome if you have dry skin, like myself.

Their website is difficult to navigate, but their search box is really good.

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:48 pm

http://www.indieknow.net/2013/09/company-overview-garden-of-wisdom.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyismydog Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:25 pm

I recently received an order from Garden of Wisdom (which is mentioned relatively often at /r/skincareaddiction, on a side note) and I was surprised that they included a sample! I'm kind of a sucker for any company that includes free samples with the orders. Razz Someone else ordered the product for me so I cannot speak directly to their customer service, but I am planning on placing an order with them soon and can update then.

As for the product, it was neem oil:

* Does it smell so awful that it gives me a headache? Yes.
* Is the smell frequently compared to rancid chicken ramen and onions on /r/skincareaddiction? Yes.
* Does it work better than anything I've ever tried on cystic acne, including prescription medicine? Absolutely.

The smell is definitely not GoW's fault of course (they actually have a warning about it on the page about it being very strong smelling) and the product is absolutely amazing. I cut it (when you combine oils, I guess it's called "cutting"? I don't know...) with tea tree oil so the smell is lessened and I cannot recommend it enough. I'm sure there are other suppliers for neem oil, but it's not something I've come across in my local stores and GoW is the cheapest one I've found.

The sample I received was broccoli seed oil, and according to GoW's site is it extremely nourishing for skin and provides shine to hair. I have a couple of oils I like for my skin already and I can't say I pay too much attention to my hair so I gave this to my sister.

Copy and pasted from my comment here: http://redd.it/1rlfjk

daisyismydog

Back to top Go down

Garden Of Wisdom (Skincare) Empty Great products

Post by jareths_tight_pants Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:44 pm

So their website is overwhelming and confusing but their products are wonderful. I really like their oil cleanser and their coconut face moisturizer. I tried an eye cream with CoQ-10 and didn't find much improvement but it may work for someone with more defined lines. Their anti-pop up acne serum is amazing.

jareths_tight_pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Uronenonlyme Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:42 pm

This is a wonderful indie skincare company that I've fallen in love with over the past six months or so, and I've been recommending them to anyone I know who has an issue with their current skincare regime.  Within a period of weeks, I saw a drastic improvement in my skin after using their products.  Admittedly, their website is pretty dated and it's hard to find products on it, but their customer service is the best out of any internet or non-internet company that I've come across--period.

I usually deal with a very sweet lady named Jen (although the owner of the company is the also-very-sweet Markey), and I initially paid for the Skin Consultation with Jen to figure out what specific products I would need to correct my dehydrated, flaky, rosacea ridden skin.  I would highly recommend purchasing the consultation, as (a) Jen was very knowledgeable and helpful, and (b) there are so many options of products to choose from that doing so on your own can be a bit daunting. For the consultation, you fill out a detailed skin questionnaire that sums up your skin history and they request that you send in pictures of your face in natural sunlight. Once the questionnaire is submitted, you get to do a one-on-one conversation over instant messenger to go into detail and answer any specific questions you might have.  The consultation price is $40, but that $40 is credited towards your purchase.

They also have a forum where you can ask for similar help as far as what products to purchase, but the response is not nearly as in depth, and you do not get to utilize the one-on-one IM, which I really appreciated.  There are also a great deal of product reviews by users on the forum, which helped me feel much more comfortable with my purchases.  

I'm currently using GoW for my skin (face and body) products, as well as for my hair.  I'm trialing their GoW Locks of Lovely Shampoo (They were able to let me purchase a larger trial size to use over several weeks) and it is wonderful.  I've been using Locks of Lovely alone for about six weeks now, and since starting it, I haven't used a single drop of conditioner.  It's so hydrating, I love it.  I really hope they decide to make it a regularly stocked item!

Garden of Wisdom is also very ingredient conscious.  A lot of thought and work goes into each product, which I absolutely appreciate as I have very sensitive and allergy prone skin.  For the majority of the products, not only is each ingredient is listed out, but they often include why the ingredient is particularly helpful, and why it was chosen over another, similar ingredient (for example, I've seen this listed out several times in regard to preservatives used).  Products are often formulated scented or unscented, with shea butter or without, etc.  You can often even choose from a list of preservatives you would prefer to use if you are sensitive to those.

All in all, I don't feel that I would shop anywhere else for my skin--I love their products that much.

Uronenonlyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:02 am

They ship super quick, and because I am in the same area of the state I usually get my orders in 2-3 days. Everything is always packaged secure and well. The prices are also reasonable. They also include a free sample of oil or something in a mini dropper bottle which is neat.

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum