View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ten Three Labs

Post by frumperbell on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:45 am

frumperbell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ten Three Labs

Post by frumperbell on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:49 am

I just did a blog post about Ten Three Labs here.

To sum up: Cara ships lightening fast.  Her TAT's 10-14 business days but my order arrived in a week.  Her shadows are pigmented and beautiful, but need a base.  Her smudge and salve sticks are moisturizing, nicely pigmented and smell great. The one perfume oil I received, Fair Season was well blended. I will definitely be shopping there again.

As far as Black No1 being patchy, she realized that it was something off about that batch after she'd already sent it out and offered to send me a replacement.

frumperbell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zombiemiko on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Always Carry RosesVictorian rose, vanilla, blackcurrant, osmanthus.
I am really in love with this! A beautiful and sophisticated rose scent, with a hint of sweet, I'd definitely buy more ♥
Sinister ReputationFrankincense, amaretto, black cherry, grape, black pepper, pomegranate and magnolia.
Sweet like cough syrup, with a hint of spice but not much else. This one doesn't really smell much like the notes listed. Not a fan.
Where the Glory Is In the CrowningBlood orange, clove, cherry, myrrh.
It took me a few days to figure out what this smelled like to me. Sugary was the best way I could describe it, until one night it hit me- blue raspberry Sweet Tarts! I let this one sit for a while in hopes of it mellowing out, but it still comes off as ultra-sweet pressed powder candy. I think if I were in my teens I'd be into smelling like candy, but not so much nowadays.

Cocoa Puffs Lip Salve –  hot chocolate & marshmallows
The most disappointing item in my various BF hauls, mostly because I was looking forward to it so much. I didn't realize Ten Three's lip products have peppermint oil in them (ingredients are not listed on the holiday salve page, I didn't think to check elsewhere), and I am super sensitive to peppermint anything, so this balm is totally useless for me. I'm a little pissed about it, but I ended up just gifting it out.

TAT and shipping was fine, nothing of interest to note, but everything was very nicely packaged. Since only 1 out of 4 items were a win for me, I'm not sure I will order anything other then Always Carry Roses in the future.
zombiemiko

View user profile http://hellowool.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lars11 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Both of my orders definitely shipped towards the end of the TAT. To be fair, they were placed right before and right after the holidays. I ordered all salve, smudge, and sparkle sticks.

I agree with all the reviews of the salve sticks, they really are fantastic. Very moisturizing, slight glossy look, classy packaging.
Half the *smudge* sticks I got are great, but the others... not so much. It's mostly the very dark or very light colors that either don't show up well, or are very streaky and difficult. The plain white and black ones especially (sorry, don't recall the names) are sort of awful looking, but I suppose they'll be good for mixing with other lip colors. Two other colors I got, Hijacked and La Maison Derriere, looked NOTHING like the swatches on the website. Hijacked looked like a shiny gold in the online picture, but is actually a smeary brown Sad La Maison Derriere is actually a fantastic color that looks very "vamp-natural" but is way less bright than the swatch.
On two different occasions, I replied on Reddit and emailed the owner about the lack of swatches/bad swatches on her site, and got a "yeah I know" sort of answer each time. I like her products but I wish she'd get around to fixing this! I would definitely order again in the future, but definitely stick to the safer lip colors.

The sparkle sticks are pretty awesome, I hope she brings them back. They're basically pure glitter, but I'm kind of into that Very Happy

lars11

Back to top Go down

Post by retrostereo on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Cara has now removed the peppermint oil from her smudge and salve sticks, so after the announcement I promptly ordered. The smudge sticks are lovely, and the salve stick smells AMAZING. I've only just received them so I can't comment on how they last. The perfumes were very well blended and the squat little sample vials are adorable!

retrostereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top