Post by indigostar on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Main page: http://smellyyeti.com/
Catalog: http://smellyyeti.com/collections/all

indigostar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly Yeti Perfumery

Post by indigostar on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:06 pm

I ordered an assortment of 5 samples, mostly from her Buffy the Vampire Slayer collection. While not all of the perfumes played nicely with my skin chemistry (sweet fruit gets a bit cloying on me), I could appreciate all of them as well made, balanced perfumes.

The packaging was lovely. Handdrawn touches like decorative marker patterns on the outer wrapping and a hand drawn yeti on the invoice were really unique. I got 2 vegan suckers, a dinosaur temporary tattoo, and a small plastic dinosaur toy. She also included one extra perfume sample, so I had six to try out instead of five, which was great.

She had a good balance of well-done semi-traditional scents and unique ones that will be truly one of a kind.

Turnaround time was exactly as quoted on her site, and shipping wasn't too long to Canada. The owner is also very active on facebook and reddit, and very friendly with everyone she interacts with.

Have already ordered again. Very happy with this shop.

indigostar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 12oo on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:20 am

Honestly one of my new favorite perfume shops, they're very wonderful. One of the bottles I ordered that was an extra empty broke in the mail. Abby made sure to reconsider having those to sell and instead right now it looks like she's switched to plastic pipettes instead to avoid glass breakage. Both the perfume I got and my free sample are wonderful scents, I wear the fullsize I ordered almost daily! Abby had also even written "now you have to watch Buffy!" on the invoice in reference to a reddit comment I had made, I was tickled she had noticed and remembered!

Super great and a very fun approach to perfume, I would high recommend.

12oo

Back to top Go down

Post by CartestianGeologican on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:26 pm

I placed an order from Smelly Yeti on 2/25, a shipping label was printed on 3/10, the package was dropped off on 3/19 (within TAT). Everything was very nicely packaged and securely closed, and a free sample of an additional scent was included. The website has a clean, quirky aesthetic and is easier to browse than some other perfume companies' sites. The jar labels are easy to read and laminated (it's the little things!)

The perfumes are very interesting, complex blends and unlike ones I've tried from other companies. Unfortunately I ended up disliking 4/5 that I chose and the freebie, but that's no fault of the company.

Overall, if I found a scent that I liked I would not hesitate to purchase again. I'm still considering picking up a full size of the floral scent, Ouran, as it's vastly different than any other perfume I own. The only extremely minor thing was the delay between label creation and drop off. On the site (or in the order email, I can't remember) it does mention that label creation doesn't equal drop off time, it just means it's next in the filling queue. My order did ship within TAT so no issues there.

CartestianGeologican

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top