Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics

+5
STR33TL16HT
Burg3rsandfrys
readspastbedtime
dee255
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics Empty Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:14 pm

http://www.aromaleigh.com/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics Empty Re: Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Source
thlox wrote:LOVE them--super with shipping, beautiful eyeshadow formulas and generous samples, always! Sales happen often and there's new products regularly, too. When I wear their foundation and powders I never get more compliments on my skin... I have more than 100 of their shadows (mostly samples) and every single one is gorgeous.

The one downside is since the company shifted its ownership and had a reboot, they don't offer a lot of their former products any longer. I miss their lipsticks and tinted balms.

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pukefist Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Aromaleigh's products are hit-and-miss for me, but their customer service is good. They ship quickly for indie, and send lots of samples. I like their blush, and my favorite is Rosewood--perfect every day shade for my fair skin. Their shimmer and metallic shadows are very nice (my favorite is Genissa), but the mattes I've tried have all been very powdery and lack pigmentation. The foundation and other powders I've tried have been just ok. I only buy blush and shimmer/metallic shadows now.

Pukefist

Back to top Go down

Post by dee255 Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:02 pm

I ordered a few years ago when they were 1.0, but since then I've tried to order a couple of times and had no luck. The first time I tried I was advised they did not ship internationally any more (it was not clear on the site at the time, and it was only when I couldn't find a country option and emailed to ask). Months later I was told by someone they had started shipping internationally again so I tried to do another order, had the same problem and emailed again. The reply was this ridiculously convoluted explanation of what I'd have to do and how there was a limit of $X maximum for international orders and once I'd done one small one and passed with flying colours they would then be able to allow me bigger orders. I don't know... it all just seemed like too much hard work when other indie companies ship to Australia with no dramas. In the end I deleted the email and spent my money at another company.

dee255

Back to top Go down

Post by readspastbedtime Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:02 am

I ordered from them in October and had no issues, although Detrivore's mattes are far superior to theirs.  However, apparently in the V1 stage of the company there was some drama and they pulled some Limecrime-esque crap.

Sources: http://www.journalfen.net/community/otf_wank/634899.html
http://redd.it/1wkdnt

readspastbedtime

Back to top Go down

Post by catinwig Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Ordered from them March 2, 2014 and got my order March 6. Love the colours and the quality of the products, and the quick shipping didn't hurt either. So far I'm impressed and will probably purchase from them again.

catinwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Burg3rsandfrys Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Orders always shipped promptly. They have sales at least twice a week so definitely hold out for a sale. Their shadows are beautiful and have a lot of depth and dimension. They are also very easy to use and they make a lot of less wild, but still unique and beautiful colors. I love to wear their colors to work. I have never tried the mattes but love their shimmers. I know they used to have some drama but with V2 I have never had a problem. I would recommend their shimmer shadows.

Burg3rsandfrys

Back to top Go down

Post by STR33TL16HT Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:39 pm

My only ordering experience with Aromaleigh was just OK. Half the fun of buying indies is browsing for Must Have products, but Aromaleigh's website is terrible and not really conducive to that style of shopping at all. :(I managed to find a few promising shadows during one of their weekly sales, and the package shipped within 3 days of the order date. There were quite a few samples thrown in as well, so big pluses there!

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed by the actual products - a few of them look really different from the website swatches (I tried them with and without a sticky base). I had really high hopes for the Ignis Antiquita Collection ("multichromatic eyeshadows inspired by history's forgotten women"), so this experience kind of soured me on the whole haul. I will say the formula was nice and I may try ordering from Aromaleigh again sometime, but it's not high up on my list.

STR33TL16HT

Back to top Go down

Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics Empty Aromaleigh AAA+++

Post by Trigatee Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:48 pm

I've ordered from Aromaleigh twice in the last year - once in January and once in June. The colors I got in January were spectacular (Trotula! Boudicca!) so I was excited to order new things from them (in June, the new Daughters of Oceanus collection). Got samples of Ravenstag and Lure - why is it that the samples turn out to be faves, every time? :-) TAT was quick both times. Will order again.

Trigatee

Back to top Go down

Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics Empty I LOVE Aromaleigh

Post by Mephodine Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:53 pm

More than half of my entire makeup collection is Aromaleigh, which tells you something about how much I love their products. Smile

Very fast TAT, excellent packaging. Out of the countless tons of shadows I've ordered from them, only one has disappointed me (and that's the navy blue glitterbomb from the Lost in Faerie collection, Nerida is the name I think). Nerida was very patchy. Otherwise all the shadows are wonderful and smooth, very easy to work with.

I also tried out their blush and it works wonderfully. It has much more staying power and is more affordable than the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush I'd been using. Since I ran out of my Bare Minerals foundation, I tried Aromaleigh's as a replacement. It's a near perfect match! And I get more product for less vs Bare Minerals.

I adore Aromaleigh and will continue to buy from them. No complaints from me!

Mephodine

Back to top Go down

Post by Meowlephant Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm really happily surprised with Aromaleigh.

It took me ages to try the company out (google: Aromaleigh drama and decide for yourself), but I've been happy with everything so far.

The website isn't my favorite to navigate, but TAT is crazy fast.

The eyeshadows tend to be a little sheer-er, and more "air-y" than most indie shadows I've tried. Not sheer as in crappy pigmentation, but sheer as in it you're going to get color on your lids but it won't be too bold or dramatic, and I find that the formula compliments my Asian eyes really well, similar to Japanese shadows but less crumbly and much more smooth. The colors are all really "glow-y" and pretty, which I love. However, my biggest problem with the shadows is that they usually have some amazing description on the site with a really complex looking picture, and in real life they usually don't match up. So I would recommend ordering samples instead of blindly ordering full-sizes. My favorite colors are the monthly ones just because they seem to be the most complex.

I've never had a problem and needed to contact Aromaleigh's CS, but I have spoken with one of the representatives on Reddit, and she was really kind. Smile I hope that Aromaleigh can continue to pick itself back up. My only suggestion if anyone from Aromaleigh is reading this is to clean up and modernize your site, and do arm swatches.

Meowlephant

Back to top Go down

Post by terraanh Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:50 pm

TAT: Order was placed on Thu, 1/29. Shipment information received on Mon, 2/2. Package received on Fri, 2/6.

Packaging: Everything was nicely packaged and labeled. The samples were separated by the collection and the free samples in slightly bigger baggies. 4 free samples were included.

Product: I ordered the sample collection of "Brilliant Deductions," which is inspired by the BBC's Sherlock. The baggies were nicely labeled and filled. It wasn't hard to depot the samples from the bag into a jar and the label was small enough to fit on the jars. The colors are beautiful with decent pigmentation. The shadows are pigmented enough for a daily wearable color, but easily buildable to create a more dramatic look.

terraanh

Back to top Go down

Post by valkyrieflight Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:52 am

Aromaleigh was my first indie order, and since discovering them, I've ordered a few more times! The TAT and shipping is pretty fast, the collections have awesome (to me, at any rate) themes, and the variety of shadows they have is truly mind boggling (so.many.colors). I like their neutrals a lot--I usually incorporate Aromaleigh shadows into my everyday/work appropriate looks. (Tawaret, from the Ancient Magick Collection, is pretty much my favorite thing ever....I have 2 backups lol)

I ordered samples to start out with, because I had that "new to indies, I'll have one of EVERYTHING" thing going on, but I was able to get like..15 different colors that way, which was good, because some I liked a ton, and others I was glad I didn't get a full size of. They come in baggies, but I debaggied them into containers, and put the labels from the bags right onto them!

I will continue to order from this company, most definitely!

valkyrieflight

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtisticShadows Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:58 am

Aromaleigh has a very fast TAT and amazing products! I usually get my orders within 4-5 days after ordering. Their eyeshadows are very unique! You can get completely different looks depending on whatever base you use, and I love that! The eyeshadows are very long lasting and I don't have much fall-out after hours and hours of wear. I love their collection inspirations and the history behind everything. I keep coming back time after time because I always love the collections! The Ephemera subscription boxes always contain gorgeous well thought out colors and themes.

Overall Aromaleigh is one of my favorite brands. Most of my collection consists of Aromaleigh and I'm always on the look-out for new and discontinued colors from them (since I love them so much!).

ArtisticShadows

Back to top Go down

Post by clevernomdeguerre Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Have purchased twice from Aromaleigh, from the clearance site first and then a sample collection from the main site. Firstly, TAT is very fast! AL is very reliable and professional in that way. I received both orders a few business days after purchasing. Extra samples arrive in each order, and the makeup is always tidy and well packaged. I adore the mythological/history/feminist themes. Formula is good.

My recent purchase had some white specks, and when I asked for advice on what it was on r/imam, Kristen got in contact with me and explained that it was an ingredient that is sensitive to static, which builds up as the baggies rub against each other in transit. She offered to replace my entire set even though the specks shouldn't cause a problem in application, and was incredibly informative and sweet in our exchanges. She then sent me a tracking number for some full size jars. I was very touched by her reaching out to fix the situation, especially when I hadn't yet even directly contacted her about it. I'd recommend Aromaleigh to anyone, for the customer service, the turnaround time, and the wide selection to choose from.

clevernomdeguerre

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMako Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:56 pm

I have been remiss in not sharing my experiences about Aromaleigh sooner. It is an absolutely fantastic company with great products and great service.

I have now ordered twice from Aromaleigh (and am planning more) and I am also subscribed to the Ephemera monthly subscription box. Although they have a TAT listed at 4 to 8 business days, my first order shipped in 2 (!!) days and my second in 4 day. It is incredible how fast they get product out. And I have never had a mistake made. They generously sample as well, with every order.

The products themselves are beautiful - maybe less vibrant and more nuanced then some other companies, but they are perfect for using together to create cohesive looks. They are bright without being overwhelming. I would recommend a good primer and glitter fixative to get the most out of the eyeshadows.

Aromaleigh seems to always be working on something new, which is great and it really seems there is something for everyone. I would definitely buy from this company again and recommend them to anyone.

LadyMako

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtinfire Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Have purchased from here at least a half dozen times now. Aromaleigh is my go-to for 'neutrals with a twist' which is my preferred look. Shipping is absurdly fast. I've actually started using their face powders as shadows because the colors are just as nice and you get far more product for the same price (mini face vs. full shadow). Samples are always included and I've discovered some fun things this way.

I will add, though, that the swatch photos (at least what they look like on my devices) are usually a little different than real life, and occasionally drastically different (and not just the Fatalis collection). Definitely look up swatches from a variety of sources if you want a very specific shade.

Sample shadows do seem to be smaller than other places and seem to have gotten smaller since my first order a while back. You definitely get a reasonable amount to test, I just think when comparing to places who say 'samples=1/8tsp' but who actually give you upwards of 1/4tsp make Aromaleigh's actually-the-stated-amount ones look smaller. So, not a problem, but don't be surprised.

caughtinfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down