http://www.dawneyescosmetics.com/

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dawn Eyes Cosmetics

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Source
ArtisticShadows wrote:I've ordered multiple times from Dawn Eyes and I'm always extremely happy with my order. She has very reasonable prices, free shipping if you have an order over $10 (Shipping is $2 if you're under the $10 limit), her TAT is very quick (around 1-3 days), and all the colors are just gorgeous! If you're not into really glittery shades, then I'd skip to her mattes section. Her website and swatches are not really professional looking, but I've never disliked a product from her and I have about 100 samples and a couple full sizes.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Source
speakstruth wrote:I placed an order with Dawn Eyes recently and the owner had great communication and the products shipped quickly. Right after I placed my order, the owner emailed me and said that she was going to be out of town for the next few days but that it'd be shipped at the end of the week. I was blown away because I hadn't even been expecting it to ship by the end of the week. XD

She included a couple extra full sized products (for the "hassle" - though there was none) and a TON of sample shades.

Every product comes sealed in plastic and the jars are nice and packed. The price is great (usually $3 for a shadow jar) and the shadows are nicely pigmented - and as artisticshadows mentions, often glittery.

One thing that I would mention though is there's kind of a smoky smell to the shadows. I'm not sure if there's a smoker living in the area where they're stored or if it's a characteristic of the ingredients in the shadows but both when I opened the package initially and when I started swatching the shadows I noticed the smell - like a cigarette. Something to keep in mind if you're sensitive to that kind of thing.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quixle on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:59 am

The owner is very sweet (she'll send a thank you email within a couple hours of your purchase). She was really helpful, providing me with a specific sample that was sold out on her website.

The packaging is really nice, the quality of the labels is impressive and she put a little tear-off shrink wrap on all the containers. All the colors are really pigmented and long-lasting.

The videos on her site showing the swatches in different colors are really helpful, and worth the somewhat difficult website navigation.

Quixle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyismydog on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:25 pm

Disclaimer - I won a Dawn Eyes contest and received some items from Dawn as winnings and I've been gifted some items by a personal friend. I'm currently planning an order with them but I've yet to actually purchase anything myself (no-buy).  

1) Website - Difficult to navigate, no option to sort by color and everything must be viewed by collection, like Shiro's before the revamp. There is a search function so if you saw a swatch that you fell in love with then that's not a problem but if you're browsing to get a feel of their offerings it's a bit painful to go through every collection (and there are many). The upside is that there are swatches, and occasionally video swatches, of the products along with descriptions.  

2) Customer service - I interacted with her a bit for the contest and she was pleasant to interact with and she replied promptly (well within 24 hours, often within 24 minutes). I made a thread with some swatches of the products and someone commented about there being a smokey smell upon arrival which she fixed by leaving the products open in a closed container with baking soda sprinkled at the bottom of it. I emailed Dawn to inquire about the scent. She replied in 20 minutes with the following informative answer:  

Dawn wrote:That is possible, we are a wood heated home that does include smokers. I have my lab segregated and it's strictly non-smoking, but it is a possibility that a smoke smell can creep through. I have only ever had one complaint about it and promptly replaced the entire order. I hope that answers your question! xo Dawn

I personally didn't notice the smokey smell (and I had some other people in my household smell it and they didn't notice anything) but it's something that likely would bother me. I'm comfortable placing orders with them in the future given her policy.

The turn-around-time is also very good and I received both things in less than a week.

3) Products - The eyeshadows are easy to work with, blendable, and pigmented. The majority of them seem to be heavy shimmer but the real gems (in my opinion) are the mattes. They're highly pigmented, easy to blend with, and don't feel or apply like chalk. I've never been a fan of mattes but these have converted me.

Here are swatches of my contest winnings - http://imgur.com/a/flJsq (you can see how much is in a full size jar--it's a good amount!)  
Here are swatches of their mattes - http://imgur.com/a/fXg7K  

Price-wise I'd say these are incredibly reasonable even though the mattes are twice as much. A regular sample is $.50 and a full size is $3.00 but the prices for matte samples are $1.00 and full sizes are $6.00. There are some discounts for purchasing the mattes in sets. The mattes do seem expensive in contrast to their regular collection but I think it's more that their regular collection is really cheap rather than the mattes being expensive. And the mattes are totally worth it (Dark Taupe, featured in the second link, is easily one of my favorite eyeshadows of all time).  

EDIT: From my post here about Dawn's outstanding customer service:  

I placed a small order with Dawn Eyes Cosmetics yesterday to pick up some samples as a gift. Unfortunately, when I went to check out some of the items in my cart were listed as out-of-stock. I went through with the order and left a note to seller asking when the shades would return in case it would be soon enough to add them onto my order.

And then, hours later, a lovely someone else ordered some things as a gift from Dawn Eyes for me. I sent an email to Dawn letting her know that both orders were for me and if it were easier to combine them I wouldn't mind. She combined the orders, refunded the second shipping charge (without me asking!), said she would include the out-of-stock shades as freebies, shipped it out today, and then apologized for the site not being up-to-date.

I know the website could use some updating but honestly I would order by phone, snail mail, or smoke signals from them. I love everything I have from them.
tl;dr - The website is awful, the customer service is excellent, the turn-around-time is super fast, the products are fantastic (although if a shade is described as glittery she means GLITTERY)

Last edited by daisyismydog on Wed May 14, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting + additional customer service experience)

daisyismydog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beautiful Eyeshadows

Post by Anileda on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:38 pm

I will admit that her website can be a bit difficult to navigate and deal with, but I managed to send her an email and order that way. She was very quick with her responses and was even able to find me some of the discontinued colors I'd had written down. So customer service is golden.

And her eyeshadows are incredible. Very rich and very sparkly. Like, way sparkly. Don't like glitterbombs? Move along, these aren't the colors you're looking for. XD

Oh, and after reading the last review here, I don't smell any smoke, or anything for that matter.

Anileda

Back to top Go down

Highly Recommend

Post by clevernomdeguerre on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:21 pm

I highly recommend Dawn Eyes to everyone.

Though the site is a bit old school and can be a pain to navigate, it's no comment on the quality of the formulas or the customer service. Dawn usually sends a personal message soon after I order to thank me, and then sends me another personal message, in addition to the automatic shipping email, when it's on its way. I've never had an indie owner do that, and it's an appreciated gesture. She also responds really promptly and kindly to emails.

The prices are astoundingly affordable, at .50 cents (USD) a sample and $3 a full size, and it's at no cost to the quality of the items.

I have purchased so many samples that I fell in love with that Dawn Eyes takes up its own formidable area in my full sized collection, holding their own beside many indie titans who have the added advantages of top notch website interface and fan base.

Her selection is very large, with something for everyone, and both her "work safe" shades and her unique and vivid shades perform superbly.

Her mattes are easily some of the best I've ever used, which is saying something if you know how difficult it can be to find a well formulated matte that isn't stiff.

Be cautious--the shades that have lots of glitter listed are definitely loaded with glitter, but she has many shades that aren't glitter bombs or are light handed on the glitter, with more satiny, pearly finishes, and those are my favorites.

I wish her shop received more attention.

clevernomdeguerre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eurydice on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:24 pm

First of all, the owner is incredibly sweet. After I placed my order, she went me a thank you email (and pretty much any writable surface had a thanks on it) and it was shipped the next day. Awesome! It took about four days between ordering and delivery to get the shadows. Shipping is free if you spend more than 10 dollars which is a nice bonus!

Second, these shadows are beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. I also like the very simple but nice silver labels with the color names. Full size shadows are shrink-wrapped, which is great. They are also super affordable -ranging from 3 dollars (3! for a full-size!) to 6 for some newer/complex shadows. Her mattes are great. She also threw in quite a few shadows in the range of colors I had purchased so I super appreciate that.

The only downside is her website is not the easiest to navigate and her swatches aren't the best -definitely go to blogs to find really good pics of her shadows (but those videos are pretty cool), but it's definitely worth the hassle.
Additionally, I did not notice any smoke smell either in my package. So no issues whatsoever!

eurydice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by youarewhatyoufear on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 am

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics is only the second indie brand I've tried, but I think Dawn has set exceptionally high standards for all of the brands that will follow! The owner is incredibly sweet. She personalizes the shrink wrap around your full size items with your name and thanked me for my order multiple times through the process. Her TAT was also excellent-- not just for an indie shop, but in general. I placed an order late on a Saturday night. By the next morning, she had sent me a thank you note, and at 2:30 A.M. on Monday I had received a message saying that my order had shipped. I received my order that Thursday, so from start to finish the process took 6 days, and 2 of those days were not business days. Additionally, she threw in 6 free samples on top of my ~$30 order, and some of the samples were from her more expensive lines (the Spearl Mattes).

And on top of all that, the products themselves are just stunning. She really has an amazing range of colors and finishes available. She has some STUNNING glittery shades and duochromes, but her Spearl Mattes line are also gorgeous, easy to work with, and work appropriate. I've used the some of the shades loose and have also pressed probably 20 more shades and they've all worked beautifully. As others have pointed out, her website is pretty dated looking (it reminds me of the kinds of Geocities websites I put together in middle school) so you really have to sift through a lot of pages to see her whole catalogue. This didn't really bother me much, but for others who are put off by the website, I've been told that you can e-mail Dawn directly with the products you're interested in and she'll invoice you directly, bypassing the whole website.

Her prices are extremely reasonable-- $.50 per sample (except for the Chrome and Spearl Mattes lines, which are $1.00 each), $3.00 per full size, and free shipping over $10. I'm just so incredibly pleased with my experience with this shop that I really want to make another order-- not just to add to my collection, but also to give this brand more love.

And to add on to what others have said above, I didn't notice any smoke smell at all in my package.

youarewhatyoufear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top