Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darling Girl Cosmetics

+8
Burg3rsandfrys
Weynard_Muldrake
secretcarnivalworker
luckynik
HoneyflakeApparently
speakstruth
anaffairofcharacter
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Darling Girl Cosmetics - Page 2 Empty Re: Darling Girl Cosmetics

Post by clevernomdeguerre Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:44 pm

I have purchased only a few things from Darling Girl, but was very surprised that I wasn't blown away by her eyeshadows. Perhaps its because the colors I got were more "neutral," but I found that I had to really build them up to get any color out of them. They also weren't as smooth as many of my other indies, and as soon as I blend them all of the sparkle and much of the coloration is blown away. I'm not sure if it's the formula or user error. Perhaps her eyeshadows prefer a different base than my usual primer or a glitter adhesive.

I also picked up one blush, which I really like, and since she has an enormous selection of blush shades, I am lemming for a major blush haul. Her blush formula goes on like a dream without the intense coloration that results in clown cheeks. I have a blush obsession and her selection definitely fills it.

My order got to me at the end of stated turnaround time and was cutely packaged and included a  sample eyeshadow. I ordered four mini's, and three arrived in an average sized jar with a sifter, while one of the shades from a new collection came in a smaller jar with no Darling Girl sticker and no sifter, the same sized jar that the GWP was in. I understand if she was changing over to different jars, but I was a little confused whether or not I received the correct sizes or was upgraded.

I've never heard an unkind word about Darling Girl's products or customer service. In fact, have heard only positive things about her duochromes and blushes. I will likely pick up a few more eyeshadows when I purchase again before I make a real conclusion about her eyeshadow formula.

clevernomdeguerre

Back to top Go down

Darling Girl Cosmetics - Page 2 Empty Darling Girl Cosmetics

Post by BasorexicPoltergeist Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 pm

I have purchased multiple times from Darling Girl. I have never been disappointed in the quality of the service or the products. The owner, Susan, provides some of the best customer service I have encountered. She will go above and beyond to please her customers.

There are many unique products in her shop. She has a wide variety of eyeshadows, blushes, lip products, and more. I have yet to find another shop with a blush selection like Darling Girl. Darling Girl is one of my all time favorite indie shops. The tat is a bit long but it is stated on the site. I have never had a order go over tat and they are always packaged nicely. I would recommend this shop to anyone.

BasorexicPoltergeist

Back to top Go down

Post by MakeupFeb Sat May 02, 2015 1:03 pm

I received the DG Glitter in a swap (12 of them) and am really impressed with the sifting and cut of the glitter. As far as TAT's and CS go, I have no idea because I haven't orderd from them. Though I likely will when I need more glitter (which is always) Smile

MakeupFeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down