Admin
Admin

View user profile http://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brazen Cosmetics

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Source
stickytapir wrote:Also have a storefront on Etsy

My first initial purchase was a mystery bag, and I requested the vegan option. There was a mistake and I was sent a lip gloss which had carmine in it. I told the owner what had happened, and she apologised and offered to resend a vegan lip product. She let me keep the lip gloss she had sent by mistake, and I passed it on to my sister.

The products I like most are the lip glosses. They're strange to describe, they're sticky, but velvety at the same time, yet they don't make your lips feel goopy (unless you put too much on). I have pigmented and clear versions, and both have been great. Nice smell + flavour. The pigmented lip glosses have always been pigmented, and there's no struggle to achieve an opaque finish.

I've also tried the Beauty Sleep treatment powder. I can't seem to find the product on their website, but it's a powder based product which you apply before bed and leave it on overnight. It helps clear and clarify the skin. I've had some great success with this product, and wake up with my skin less oily, and it washes off very easily.

The eyeshadows aren't my cup of tea, I already have similar colours, and one thing that I don't like is that there is no option to purchase samples. You do receive eyeshadow samples with every order though.

My most recent purchase was during Black Friday, and there was a delay with my package reaching me. I received my package in mid December.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Friends With Benefits Subscription Review

Post by myMUAaccount on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:35 am

I've received three months of the FWB subscription service and I highly recommend it. There are three different tiers you can get, and I get the lowest tier, which is Silver. Each Silver month includes 3 3g jars of powder products (eyeshadow or blush) and 1 3g jar of a lip product. Her eye shadows apply very smoothly and blend incredibly easily without losing their pigmentation. December included two matte eye shadows which were a bit powdery, but mattes are incredibly hard to make, and a beautiful blush with a hint of glitter. January included 3 frosty duochromes, all of which were gorgeous. I felt like an Ice Queen when I wore them. February included three pastels with glitter. Again, they all applied easily and were easy to use. Her lip products are my favorite though. December included a lovely deep red with a little bit of glitter. This is now my favorite red to wear. It's listed as a liquid lipstick which I apply with a lip brush and then reapply with my finger after eating. It wears for a surprisingly long time without losing its color, and is slightly pepperminty. My only complaint is that after three reapplications, my lips become too glittery and I feel like a teenager. To avoid this, I just have to take off the previous application with a napkin. January and February have included lip glosses, which I'm not a fan of, so I don't feel right giving a review of those.

Should you get this? If you don't mind glitter, yes. I think it's a great way to try items and colors you wouldn't necessarily have thought to try for yourself for a pretty low cost. Here is a link to more information about the FWB sub

myMUAaccount

Back to top Go down

Post by greendaisy on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:54 am

If you like sparkly things, I would recommend this company. I started out with a single liquid lipstick and a couple of matte eyeshadows (why I chose to judge an indie based on two of what I think are the hardest products to create I don't know). The matte eyeshadows are a little chalky and hard to blend but there is no doubt that they have serious pigmentation and staying power. I also got some sparkly shadows as freebies in a very sweet New Year's letter, they are really high quality, they might not look incredibly impressive in the baggies, but they swatch beautifully and blend out really well.

Luckily, I ended up with one of their shinier liquid lipsticks, it is gorgeous and metallic and has impressive staying power, though it never dries to the point where it would pass a kiss test. The liquid lipsticks are kind of expensive, but I can say that I honestly think the metallic ones are worth it, full sizes come in very high quality packaging, it is adorable and completely gift worthy. Then I got samples of two other liquid lipsticks (they come in deep little black calmshell containers), one was another shimmer in a very light color, the other was their Brazen red lipstick which went on a little sheer for me personally. Also, with the way that samples are packaged, they are great for deciding if you like the color and pigmentation, but not good for testing if you will actually use the full size tubes.

I had no issues with customer service, TAT was incredibly fast, I got a tracking number and all the confirmation emails as expected. You can't order the little sample baggies (which is what I like to do to test out new indie formulas or when I love a color but know I won't ever wear it), but most of their eyeshadows have the option of a 3g petite jar which I tend to prefer to baggies if I know I'll like the color or formula.  Though it is a pretty expensive indie brand, from my experience they deliver good quality overall even with the products that are especially hard to make by hand.

greendaisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top