Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Femme Fatale Cosmetics

+3
STR33TL16HT
speakstruth
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Empty Femme Fatale Cosmetics

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:32 pm

http://femmefatalecosmetics.com.au/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Empty Re: Femme Fatale Cosmetics

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Source
cosmospolitan wrote:I haven't ordered from them myself, and they're fairly new but I've heard great things about them. First company that I know of that has duochrome blushes, and apparently their duochrome eyeshadows are equivalent to Fyrinnae's. They do great looking nailpolish as well. First Australian company I have heard of to enter the Indie game.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Source
jenjenl wrote:Yes I LOVE Femme Fatale Cosmetics! I have several of their eyeshadows, a couple blushes and nail polishes (the nail polishes can't be shipped from Australia but now they have several international distributors). If you check their Facebook page they share a lot of blogger's swatches of their products Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Source
stickytapir wrote:I've tried their nail polish and eyeshadow.

First off the shadows. Terrific duochrome shadows! All her shadows are smooth and buttery. Blend like a dream. Everything is top quality. I've never had any unblended pigment or any other issues. I like that there is a variety of colours, and that there are vegan friendly shadows in the mix. What does frustrate me at times, is that the majority of any shades that are pink/red/peach will have carmine in them, so that excludes me as a customer and any other vegan/vegetarian customers.

Nail polish. Again, great quality. I own several glitter polishes as well as the gemtone ones. I'm not that fond of the gemtone polishes, because I can't seem to get the same effect over black polish as the photos show on the website, but the glitter polishes are beautiful. I don't find myself have to fish hard to get glitter pieces out. There are some sheer glitter mixes, and some more opaque jelly finishes. If you're not an Australia customer, you can purchase her polishes from Llarowe and Ninja Polish I believe.

Recently, Femme Fatale Cosmetics is setting up to be an Australian distributor of overseas indie polishes, so this is great news for us lacquerheads down here who can't get their hands on Rainbow Honey and the like!

Is an Australian company, so local to me Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Source
ArtisticShadows wrote:I absolutely LOVE Femme Fatale Cosmetics! I've ordered numerous times and I've always had pleasant experiences. I haven't tried their nail polish yet, but the eyeshadows are amazing! FFC has a quick TAT and everything is really professional looking.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:55 pm

http://www.indieknow.net/2013/08/femme-fatale-cosmetics-company-review.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 am

Femme Fatale Experiences thread on /r/indiemakeupandmore!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Indiemakeupandmore/comments/1wktn1/brand_discussion_lets_talk_about_femme_fatale/

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by STR33TL16HT Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Ordering Experience
Website: Femme Fatale's site is so pretty and fun to browse. I love that things are grouped by collection or color, and that you can have an account to log into.

Cost of Shipping: Since I also bought a nail polish, the cost of shipping was about $20 AUD for a tracking number and no insurance. In retrospect, I really regret making such a gamble on not having insurance on such a large haul, especially because the tracking info was no good once the package left Australia (I'm in the US). In the future, I'll definitely go for insurance and no tracking.

Turnaround Time: Decided to make my first Femme Fatale purchase when they released the Post-Apocalyptic Collection, May 1. The order was shipped May 6 and arrived on my doorstep in the US May 12.

Eye Shadows
Oh my gosh, they are not kidding around with the duochromes - the shifts are just stunning.  The shadows are of really high quality, with great pigmentation and fantastic longevity. I've found that less is more - if I apply too much shadow over glitter glue, I've noticed a fair amount of creasing. As long as I'm careful not to pack on too much shadow, there's no creasing. These are some of my new favorite indie products!

Blushes
The blushes are finely-milled, which makes them incredibly easy to blend. They're moderately pigmented compared to other indie blushes - they pack a punch of color, but they're not as "in your face." They came in a 10 g jar with a sifter, which is conveniently sized for swirling my blush brush in the lid.

Overall
I love everything and will recommend Femme Fatale in the future!

STR33TL16HT

Back to top Go down

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Empty Femme Fatale Cosmetics

Post by Mephodine Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:09 pm

I hadn't tried Femme Fatale until I won a Facebook giveaway several months ago with 5 eyeshadow samples and a full size blush.

Even though I haven't been able to order anything else, the samples and blush are AMAZING. I had never seen a real duochrome until these shadows. (That is, other shadows claim to be duochrome but I never saw any shift until trying Femme Fatale's). The formulation is smooth and glides on easily, making them a dream to work with. Their shifts are dazzling and they really come alive over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy.

Shipping from Australia is still very high (can't blame FF for that though!) but when Shiro starts stocking their products, I'll be ordering a buttload more!

Definitely giving Femme Fatale two thumbs way, way up!

Mephodine

Back to top Go down

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Empty Fantastic UK experience

Post by Floofulls Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:46 am

I've ordered from Femme Fatale several times. Their shadows are as fantastic as everyone says Smile I also have a couple of their polishes which are great as well (I got those from another shop though).

They usually take around a week to post the order out and another few days to reach the UK- great value at $7.50 flat for eye-shadows!

I did have a small issue with my second to last order- I was send a mini size instead of a full size. Sophie (the owner) responded and resolved it within the hour (she offered to send me the full-size straight out, give me a refund or store credit). I'm actually happy I had the problem so I know how great their customer service is!

Floofulls

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashells15 Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Femme Fatale is synonymous with "stunningly beautiful" in my mind. A lot of eyeshadows can start looking the same after a while (especially those in the satin/shimmery/glitterbomb finishes) but Sophie has done an incredible job making bold duochromes that really stand out. I say "oooh" out loud every single time I swatch a new Femme Fatale shadow, without exaggeration.

I'm also a fan of Femme Fatale's blushes. They mostly come in reds, pinks, corals, and purples from what I've seen, and pretty much every one I've tried so far is beautiful. One of them - maybe Heaven Peach? -  ended up being pretty much identical to my NC15 skin tone (and matte to boot) so that was a miss on my part but no fault of the brand's. I use it to tone down other blushes when I've overapplied, or help blend out the edges.

Overall, highly recommended. I am extremely jealous of everyone who lives in Australia because then you can buy some of her stunningly beautiful nail polishes (though I believe she has US distributors). Also note that Femme Fatale stocks Shiro, Hello Waffle, and a variety of other makeup and nail polish brands, so you can shop a bunch of companies at once without sinking half your budget into shipping costs.

Seashells15

Back to top Go down

Post by retrostereo Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:50 pm

My absolute favourite indie company. Sophie (who runs it) is such a sweetheart and always responds to emails quickly. A product was once forgotten in one of my orders so I emailed her, and within hours I'd been issued a refund. I've also organised a group order, and mentioned it in the notes section, and Sophie included a mini and two samples for each of us, as well as a lollipop each!

The colours themselves are incredible. They are for the most part unique: Sophie has a degree in duochromes! They do need a sticky base to really show their full potential, but they do well over primer and even better over a white base! I would recommend them a hundred times more.

retrostereo

Back to top Go down

Post by shannanabear Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:59 pm

These are my absolute favorite eyeshadows. The duochrome is so pretty, I've loved every color I've tried from them. Reasonable prices and ships fast, at least I think so.

shannanabear

Back to top Go down

Post by terraanh Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 am

Extremely late review. ><

TAT: Website indicated 10 days when I placed my order on Wed, 2/18. Shipment information received on Tue, 2/24. Package received on Wed, 3/5.

Packaging: Everything was neatly packaged, sealed, and wrapped. It look really professional.

Product: The eyeshadows are extremely soft, pigmented, and packed with product. One of my favorite colors is now a FF eyeshadow, so I will definitely purchase from them again.

terraanh

Back to top Go down

Post by linacatt Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:50 am

I live about 20-30 minutes away from them and it's pretty great considering I order from them a lot.

For their own eyeshadows I find it never takes more than 5-6 days for the order to be ready to collect and for their in stock items (Shiro, OHWTO, etc) I usually get an e-mail a couple hours after the order, even if I ordered at 9pm to schedule a pick up time.

Everything has always been packed well and no issues with any of their products or anything they sell.

I've made 5+ orders too.

linacatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down