Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impulse Cosmetics

4 posters

Go down

Impulse Cosmetics Empty Impulse Cosmetics

Post by Zoi Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:36 pm

A little over a month ago I purchase two lipsticks, Melancholy and Apocalypse, from Impulse Cosmetics. It took 3 weeks for me to get them. When they arrived I noticed immediately that Apocalypse(which is black) would not twist up out of the tube. I looked at Melancholy which is supposed to be a deep dark purple and it looks like more of a bright royal purple. I tried putting it on and was unable to. The formula for both of them is horrible. It's hard and clumpy and it was impossible to apply with a brush and when I tried to apply Apocalypse straight out of the tube it went on thick and streaky. It's horrible. I tried contacting the shop owner via etsy to get a replacement for the black seeing as it wouldn't even twist out of the tube. That was over a week ago and I still have not heard back. I looked at their feedback and it seems like a lot of other people had this same problem with the shop. I am going to try this weekend to melt them down with some coconut oil or Vaseline to make them usable. Just giving people a head a up so no one waste their money!

Zoi

Back to top Go down

Impulse Cosmetics Empty Re: Impulse Cosmetics

Post by lethargicpoison Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:05 pm

I ordered four eyeshadows, glam glue, and 3 lipstick samples. The eyeshadows are great duochromes-apply well, not patchy, very pigmented. The lipstick samples were a bit skimpy-product did not fully cover bottom of clamshells. Lipstick is very pigmented (though not quite as vivid as her photos), but can be extremely drying. Glam glue is so so, it helps prevent fallout but not much more than primer.

lethargicpoison

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashells15 Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:00 am

Please read this troubling post from Mai before placing an order from Impulse:
http://www.portraitofmai.com/2013/11/cosmetic-companies-and-problem-with.html

Seashells15

Back to top Go down

Post by oimky Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Bought from Impulse a few months ago, took a long time to arrive but being international and the months leading the Christmas, I didn't mind too much. Turns out I'd been sent an incorrect item, I contacted Impulse and was refunded, however the refund only covered part of the shipping, meaning that I couldn't buy the correct item I wanted (well, I could, but I would be out of pocket). The shades themselves are nice enough, although the wrong shadow isn't one I would wear. When I asked if I could use the refund to buy the right item I was told it was out of stock and they were closing for the holidays. Have not been able to purchase since, have bought another similar shade, and will probably seek another indie brand in the future.

oimky

Back to top Go down

Post by iveroi Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:29 am

I bought almost a week ago four eyeshadows from Impulse cometics. They haven't shipped yet but I'm very excited! I can't really post feedback yet but it seems like they have more interesting colours than some other brands and I hope that they are in real life as bright as they seem from the pictures. And that's why I'm here - does anybody have any negative feedback on those colours? I bought Oil Slick, Esmeralda, Alchemy and BRAAINZ. It would be nice to read what I will get.

iveroi

Back to top Go down

Post by m.ccella Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:08 pm

iveroi:
Hey! I bought Esmerelda, and on the site it is described as a blush pink/gold duo chrome . It's actually a barney-fuchsia pink with some gold in it. If that's the colour you were looking for, you're good - it has good pigmentation (just not in a colour I like), I will warn that it stains a bit.

I also bought the mattifying lip powder, 11 lipstick samples and one other eyeshadow sample in 'Birthday Suit' which was accurately coloured.

m.ccella

Back to top Go down

Impulse Cosmetics Empty My experience was good

Post by ashhole613 Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:50 pm

I ordered from Impulse a few weeks ago during a sale. The price was good, and she shipped faster than most. I want to say the time from order to receiving was about a week and a half, maybe two weeks? I ordered the Get Lippy palette and Glam Glue. I'm not overly impressed with the palette (lipcolors were too sheer for me, but I've been told the sticks are far better), but the Glam Glue is GREAT. I'd definitely recommend Impulse.

ashhole613

Back to top Go down

Post by mynameisholix Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:27 am

I've made multiple orders from them over the last 6 months and have really liked everything I've bought. The lip product is more difficult to get out of the lippy palette since it's a stiff formula. I've had to contact them (question about product, something wrong with an order) and they've always responded within a day or two and resolved everything. They've been very kind to me and I think they have unique products.

mynameisholix

Back to top Go down

Post by Burg3rsandfrys Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:01 pm

I have made multiple orders, all of which were shipped quickly and I loved all of the lipsticks, eyeshadows, and nail colors I got. They are probably my favorite indie lippies. A non drying matte finish and they have a lot of really bold, bright colors. I don't understand why they feel the need to steal/shop their photos since their real products are really quite nice. I ordered from them anyway because they had good feedback on etsy and I actually really loved what I got. The nail polish smells horrible and is a bit sheer but I love the color of country mile so much I can look past it. I would recommend their products if you don't mind some past drama that doesn't affect TAT and isn't about gross products

Burg3rsandfrys

Back to top Go down

Impulse Cosmetics Empty I revoke my recommendation

Post by ashhole613 Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:17 pm

I mentioned in another comment that I bought a palette around February of 2014.

This month, I bought ten sample shadows (which were actually spot on and quite beautiful) and a backup stick of the Metaluxe lipstick in Texas Tea.
Turns out, neither my palette nor my stick match the swatch. Hell, the palette and the stick don't even match each other. This is the palette and stick versions side by side. Obviously not the same colors. So I contacted Impulse about it. They didn't respond for 5 days, and when they did, they asked for more pictures and claimed that there was probably a mixup with my palette and that my Texas Tea wasn't actually Texas Tea - it was probably Tough Love. They offered a replacement of that. That's not what I messaged them about. I told them that neither the palette nor the stick matched the swatches on their website. I haven't gotten a response, and that has been four days ago.

My sample shadows were beautiful, but they were obviously not the 1/4 tsp that was written on the bottom of the clamshell, and many of them had various things marked out such as Vegan.

As beautiful as those shadows were, I think I'm done with Impulse.

ashhole613

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimangoes Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:33 pm

I purchased two lip colors form them via Etsy. I had no problems with my order: it shipped promptly and safely, and the colors matched my expectations. They leaned a bit on the dry side for lip products but I've worn them both out with no performance issues. Order came with a coupon.

I probably will not order again from them as I've learned that they have some shade representation issues with some of their products, according to other reviews found online.

kiwimangoes

Back to top Go down

Impulse Cosmetics Empty Eh

Post by AreGophers Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:16 am

I bought two matte lipsticks in Melancholy and Smoking Gun. Neither are true to color, with Melancholy being darker and Smoking Gun being more blue-green. Wear time is ok. I can get two-three hours out of them before they start feathering and fading. They're a bit dry and difficult to apply. I'm thinking about melting them down and adding a bit of oil to them, but I want to pick up different tubes for them first. TAT was fast. I think I got the order in just over a week. I emailed with a question about the colors, and got no response at all. Overall, the product is decent, but I don't think I'd order again. It's really unfortunate because I see a ton of colors I'd love to try, but I'm fairly certain they'd just disappoint.

AreGophers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down