Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumpkin & Poppy Cosmetics

4 posters

Go down

Pumpkin & Poppy Cosmetics Empty Pumpkin & Poppy Cosmetics

Post by Admin Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:03 pm

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/pumpkinandpoppy

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin & Poppy Cosmetics Empty Re: Pumpkin & Poppy Cosmetics

Post by ashleemalfoy Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:57 am

One of my favorite Indie brands ever!

I own all of her cream blushes, which apply like an absolute dream! I also have her Lady of Light cream highlighter and it's seriously like HG status for me. It reminds me a lot of the MAC CCB in Pearl but less stark/more subtle. It seriously makes you look like an angel, I'm not kidding around here. I also have some of her cream eyeshadows in Louis, Lockbearer, Inventor, and Divinely Happy. Louis is a beautiful olive-y brown color, it's one of those colors that you can use all over the lid, blend into the crease and leave the house looking like you did an extremely complex look. I LOVE colors like that. Lockbearer is a pretty red toned brown, a little on the orange side. I like wearing this with cranberry shades. Inventor is lovely as an eyeliner and Divinely Happy is a lot like Maybelline's Tough as Taupe, without the weird texture.

The packaging is nice and sleek with ADORABLE art work, you can tell she put a lot of effort in it. The line is run by Veggiebeauty (totally forgot her name, but she's a lovely person) and her TAT wasn't that long at all. I think I waited maybe a week for everything to get to my house.

Prices are a little higher than most indies but I truly believe it's worth it. Everything is ~$10 so I'm able to justify it. I barely use high end cream products anymore, I like the consistency and texture of Pumpkin & Poppy's a lot more. Definitely worth checking out!

Also, her products are vegan and she has dupes for some high end products, in case you're into that.

ashleemalfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by STR33TL16HT Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:29 pm

I love Pumpkin & Poppy's face products (the Lady of Light cream highlighter is amazing, and I really like the powdered blush and contour products). My full review is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Indiemakeupandmore/comments/1zhn9r/pumpkin_poppy_haulreview/

Overall, I highly recommend P&P. I will probably buy more from her in the future.

STR33TL16HT

Back to top Go down

Post by Berkshire0629 Sat May 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Website (Artfire) was not very mobile-friendly, but I managed to get around it well enough. Owner also has an Etsy listing, and the prices are sometimes different, and the products are sometimes in stock on one/out of stock on the other, so something to keep in mind.

Shipping was within, but at the end of, the stated TAT, although 7-10 days seems to be a reasonable TAT from what I understand. My items arrived wrapped in a bubble mailer. Everything was as expected, no frills or extras.

I ordered the Oak Bark contouring powder, and the Celestial Inner Glow powder. I like them both. The Oak Bark is very buildable and natural-looking while the Inner Glow is great as a subtle finishing powder. I like that this shop has a lot items that seem to be harder to find in the indie category (cream blushes, cream highlighters, cool-toned contouring products).

I am happy with what I bought and feel like I paid a fair price. I would shop there again and have an extensive wish list of items.

Berkshire0629

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:27 am

http://www.indieknow.net/2014/12/company-overview-pumpkin-and-poppy.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by moreteawesley Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:58 pm

I've ordered from Pumpkin & Poppy twice, but can only comment on my first order since I haven't received the second one yet. (I just placed it today, so that's no reflection of the TAT time.)

I placed an order from the Artfire shop, where prices are very slightly lower due to Etsy's higher seller fees, but stock is different between the shops, so there may be a reason to shop at one over the other depending what you're after. I ordered the Oak Bark contouring powder and the Inner Glow powder in Aphrodite. My order was shipping within the stated TAT and arrived without any issues. There were no free samples or personal touches, so if you really care about those things, you might find the more purely business-like ordering experience at P&P a bit disappointing. Personally, it's nice to get samples and little notes and stuff, but I try not to expect anything more than what I've paid for, so it doesn't bother me.

Speaking of samples - P&P doesn't offer samples, so you'll be blind-buying full sizes. I think that's one reason the shop isn't as well-known, and it does make ordering more of a commitment. It doesn't bother me much, though - my only complaint is that swatches and reviews are kind of hard to come by, and the website swatches aren't always great.

Anyway - the actual products I got were well-packaged and I'm really happy with both of them. They've both become absolute staples for me, to the point where I'm considering breaking my strict "no backups" policy. Oak Bark is the perfect subtle contour for fair skin, a soft brownish-greyish-taupe color that blends well and mimics a shadow on your skin. I use Aphrodite as an all-over finishing powder, and I couldn't love it more. It's a very subtly luminous yellowish-eggshell powder that brightens my face without adding color or sparkle. (I do have fair, yellow/olive skin, though, and obviously your skin tone will affect how this product works for you.)

All in all, I was super happy with my first order from Pumpkin & Poppy, so much so that I just placed my second for five more products. The quality of what I have is very high, and the shop offers a lot of products that are unique in the indie world - cream shadows and blushes, eyeshadow and eyeliner pencils, traditional bullet lipsticks, the inner glow powders, oak bark, etc. And a huge bonus for me is that all of P&P's products are vegan.

moreteawesley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down