Re: Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries

Post by speakstruth on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:18 am

http://www.indieknow.net/2013/11/company-overview-blooddrop-clothing.html

speakstruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thewindupbirds on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Blooddrop is probably my favorite indie perfume company. Their prices are very reasonable, and while the shipping might seem a little high (~$6) it's two day priority with full insurance. I haven't had a chance to try many of their general catalog scents because I always get sucked in by the limited ones, but a lot of my favorites are from them: Minx, Barn Owl, Resplendent Quetzal, and London Musk are my must-haves from Blooddrop. I find their scents tend to lean very feminine (few unisex/masculine blends) and are quite crisp and clean in general. Long lasting too, they linger throughout the day.

thewindupbirds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashells15 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Blooddrop is lovely. I've ordered a couple of times now and I think the shop's packages are some of the most fun to receive and open. Astrid packages everything securely and beautifully, and every time I've ordered she's included what I think of as a deluxe sample, even when I only ordered a single bottle of perfume. My only complaint is I really wish samples were offered for the LE scents.

2/21/2015 update: I'm still really happy with Blooddrop! I discovered Ajevie's decant circles, so I'm happily getting the opportunity to purchase samples of any LE scents as they come out. The scents are very hit or miss for me so I'm delighted the decant circle gives me the opportunity to try stuff out before I splurge on full sizes. Shipping is pricey (starts around $7 flat-rate for domestic) but everything comes really beautifully packaged in a Priority Mail box and usually has a deluxe body product sample (or, once, a gourmet lollipop from an Etsy shop).

Here are a few general thoughts on her perfumes:

* A lot of Astrid's scents come off as "delicate" - not that they'll fade away in minutes, but rather that they almost always feel light even when they contain heavier notes. I tend to get headaches from heavy perfumes and I don't think I've ever gotten one from any of Blooddrop's offerings.

* The fruity scents always smell artificial to me, but I actually enjoy some of the other foodie scents, which is practically unheard of for me. All of her cupcake scents are suuuuper super sweet, so tread carefully if that's not your thing.

* One of her LE scents from her Autumn 2014 release made me fall in love with patchouli, which was really cool. You know a perfumer is doing something right when they can open you up to notes you previously haven't been interested in.

Last edited by Seashells15 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seashells15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by subaru17 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:53 pm

I had a very good experience with Blooddrop. I purchased a mystery perfume oil, a lip balm (lemon cookie), and two seasonal oils. The peppermint mallow one smelled funny, so I gave that one away. The mystery bottle ended up being one of my fave perfume oils ever (Le ler Mai), and the lip balm moisturizes well/tastes delicious. I also got a free lip balm (amaretto cookie), which was an awesome bonus. I'm going to get some decants through a circle for the Valentines collection, so I hope my experience is just as good the second time around.
subaru17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top