Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shiro Cosmetics

+8
vanillabreeze
Mephodine
Berkshire0629
secretcarnivalworker
HoneyflakeApparently
Weynard_Muldrake
ponyproblematic
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shiro Cosmetics - Page 2 Empty Re: Shiro Cosmetics

Post by Luminous_Delusions Mon May 19, 2014 1:09 pm

I placed my first order when the discontinued and final sale items went up recently, I only got two things but I was very pleased with them. My second order was the big one, for the anniversary sale. I got a slew of sample sizes, which Caitlin is very generous about, 5 full sized and 3 mini shadows, and 2 of the new Miyazaki balms. With my order Caitlin included the special anniversary shadow "The Fourth Be With You". Both orders arrived in record time for something being sent from Oregon to Texas. I think it took about 2-3 days for each order to reach me once it shipped, and that is awesome!

With the anniversary order, I was a dumb dumb and forgot to add all the sample sizes I wanted in my first, as a testament to the awesome CS Caitlin gives, she was very nice about combining the two orders, and knocking off my shipping charge for the two as I'd reached the free shipping amount with the two orders. No questions asked, and she even included a second anniversary shadow in my order since each separate order reached the amount needed for it. Also worth noting, Caitlin responds lightning fast to emails! My first message (sent through the site) was eaten and thus missed, but my second was responded to in about 30 minutes even in spite of the rush she was getting due to the sale.

As for the products themselves, I honestly don't think there's anything I don't like. Her shadows are so buttery and pigmented you could easily mistake them as being from a very expensive luxury brand rather than the wonderfully affordable one that they are. Her purple shades deserve a special mention too, I have never seen such gorgeous purples from any company. Each color is so unique, nothing is dull or boring with Shiro. Sizing is pretty dang good too! Caitlin packs each jar with product, and gives quite a bit in her sample baggies. If you're a presser, you'll probably have enough in just one sample to press a 15mm tin full, and a 26mm almost halfway. If you're not, well you still get a bunch of uses out of a single baggie. It's really more economical to buy either the samples or full sizes from her, but I don't feel like the minis are a waste either, again you get quite a bit of product and it's more than enough to last you a long time even with frequent use.

Lastly I want to give a quick blurb about the new tinted balms that are replacing the Intertubes. They're heavenly! No grittiness like the Intertubes were known for, but still very pigmented. They apply very smoothly and feel really hydrating on your lips. There is a very vanilla scent to them, which I really like but can see others not enjoying too much. It's Called Love is a near perfect replacement for Why Not Zoidberg, maybe just a hint pinker. Both the shades I got last a nice amount of time for a balm and both left behind a pretty (and even!) stain.

Luminous_Delusions

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomyris Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:45 am

My order with Shiro was super easy and painless. It was my first indie order ever, so I started off with a small order, three full sized shadows and two lip products. I received my receipt in my email and didn't really think about it anymore than that, because there was a possibility that it might take up to two weeks for me to receive the items, which I knew and wasn't bothered by. Three days later I received the email with my tracking number, and two days after that I received my products along with two samples and some candy in a bubbled mailer.

I love the eye shadows. I'm use to loose powder so I haven't had any problems with application and with a primer it lasts a full workday for me, and even after that. As for my two samples, they matched my order pretty well and one I fell in love with on sight. The other is not anything I would have ordered, but after trying it and playing around with it, I love it as well and I'm really glad I was able to try it. Plus, I've received compliments on them, which is also a nice bonus.

For the lip products I have one of the balms and one of the glosses. The balm smells so good! The website says it's french-vanilla flavored, but it reminds me of birthday cake from old lip glosses back in the day. I love the color and that you can build it up and my lips feel really soft. I haven't really noticed the wear time, but it seems to be on average with my other lipsticks. The gloss is a really pretty color in person and very shiny. It wasn't sticky and works well by itself or over another color. I wasn't as crazy about the smell as the other one. It wasn't bad, but not french-vanilla-y cake flavored.

It was a great experience and I already have my eye on more things I want to try.

Tomyris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephodine Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm a HUGE fan of Shiro Cosmetics! I own tons of shadows from them plus a gloss and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Her samples are very generous, her shadows are gorgeous and easy to apply. With such a wide variety, you're sure to find something you like! I especially love that it's all geek-themed. The Zelda collection is my favorite.

Caitlin's website is a dream to navigate, her customer service is superb, her packaging and shipping times are bar none. I really can't recommend her highly enough!

Mephodine

Back to top Go down

Post by vanillabreeze Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:54 pm

I'm more pleased each time I order from Shiro. I think the Tinted Lip balms are fantastic. I really like a lot of her loose shadows that I've tried, certainly some of my favorites are from here. It's a nice bonus that she does mini-sizes.

vanillabreeze

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:34 am

http://www.indieknow.net/2014/08/company-overview-shiro-cosmetics-makes.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by terraanh Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:11 pm

TAT: Website indicated 3 weeks when I placed my first order on 2/8. Shipment information received on Thu, 2/26. Package received on Thu, 3/3.

Customer Service: Caitlin is super sweet and super responsive to e-mails. She is very quick to respond, so that's always a great plus.

Packaging: Everything was nicely packaged and labeled. Yummy candy was included as well. Very Happy

Product: The samples were very generous and all of the eyeshadows were extremely pigmented. I will definitely order from Caitlin again.

terraanh

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMako Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:57 am

I want to share my overwhelmingly positive review of Shiro. I'll admit, it was my first indie order, so I was not sure what to expect. I placed my order on Feb. 6th, when stated TAT was 3 weeks. My order shipped on Feb. 25th, within the stated TAT.

The package arrived well padded and wrapped and included some nice candy, which was a pleasant touch. I ordered 9 full size shadows and a lipgloss and there were three eyeshadow samples thrown in for free, which I thought was generous. And the colors chosen went with the colors I ordered, so I could tell there was some thought to it.

My only (minor) complaint is that I ordered a full size Collector's Edition jar from the "Randomly Generated" Collection and that jar came without a sifter and without tape of any kind, so it had leaked a bit in transit (although the art on the jar is super cute!!) and the shadow had gotten all over everything else. It was not a real pain to clean up, just a minor annoyance and I did not lose too much product.

The shadows themselves are great to work with, even for a loose shadow newbie like me, and they look cute too in my makeup drawer.

I have already placed another order with Shiro and can see many more in my future. I would recommend them to anyone.

LadyMako

Back to top Go down

Shiro Cosmetics - Page 2 Empty My experience with Shiro

Post by Library_Cat Sat May 02, 2015 8:44 pm

I. Freaking. Love. This. Company. So much.

Caitlyn is amazing, she makes amazing stuff and gives amazing service and just... Ugh I wish I could give her a big squishy hug.

I have many of her eyeshadows, all samples for now, but her samples are generous. They come in baggies but that's fine, makes shipping easier. TAT when I ordered was good, considering it was near the holidays. I recently contacted her with an idea for a collection and she was super nice about me taking a huge liberty with that.

Her eyeshadows are suuuuuper pigmented, which is lurvely, and her lip gloss (I have The Blood Of My Enemies but I'm not stopping there *eyebrow waggle*) smells fantastic, is again super pigmented, has a great smooth texture, and isn't sticky at all.

She includes lists of ingredients. Not just on her site, but also on the packaging. AND she puts on there whether or not it is lip safe vs. non-lip safe and also vegan vs. non-vegan.

Also, her website is not just extraordinarily nice-looking, it's supremely easy to use. Even a dork like me found my way around with zero problems.

After a few purchases from her, both eye and lip products, I can safely say that though Shiro Cosmetics was my first indie brand, it is going to be one of my all-time loves. Cannot say enough good things about this brand.

Library_Cat

Back to top Go down

Shiro Cosmetics - Page 2 Empty Excellent Customer Service

Post by BonetaBelle Fri May 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Despite being swamped by sale orders which led to a temporary TAT of a month, Caitlin was kind enough to rush an order for me so that I was able to give it to my friend for her birthday. The order shipped the day I placed it and arrived 6 business days later in Canada.

I haven't tried very many Shiro shadows but I like the ones I have tried. Little Bird is beautiful and the perfect crease colour for a softer look. I usually order Detrivore products from Shiro though, due to my love for mattes. They have always shipped on time and are wonderfully soft and blendable but don't fade through the day.

I would highly recommend Shiro.

BonetaBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtinfire Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Have ordered several times for myself and for gifts and have been pleased each time. Sample sizes are quite generous, all the shadows I'd tried are lovely (can't speak to the lip products), and everything was received very quickly. Will definitely buy from again!

caughtinfire

Back to top Go down

Post by xodanielleelise Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I ordered their December CoTM plus a few samples just before New Year's. I loved that they have a bar at the top of the page saying what order they're on, so I was able to keep track of when it might be ready that way. Once I got my shipping notice in mid-January I received it very quickly. Everything was packaged great, there was candy, and they were SOOO generous with the freebies! It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to place my next order!

xodanielleelise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2