Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backstreets Makeup Co

2 posters

Go down

Backstreets Makeup Co Empty Backstreets Makeup Co

Post by speakstruth Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:48 pm

http://backstreetsmakeupco.storenvy.com/

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Backstreets Makeup Co Empty Re: Backstreets Makeup Co

Post by speakstruth Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:48 pm

http://www.indieknow.net/2013/09/backstreets-makeup-co-review-swatches.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by FrowningTea Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:29 pm

My experience with April of Backstreets Makeup was wonderful. The products shipped out safely and quickly.

I left a note asking her to pick colours that would work well for a makeup newbie and she offered to answer any questions that I would have regarding makeup. She really went far above what I expected and provided stellar service; I received some tips, tricks and tutorials. She basically gave me a mini-coaching session.

I just wish her photos were more representative of her wonderful shadows.  Neutral 

FrowningTea

Back to top Go down

Post by weepy Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:27 pm

I've ordered from Backstreets a few times and have always been really happy with my experiences. Items are always shipped well within TAT, the owner seems really friendly (though I've never had any reason to contact her directly), and the shadows are all beautiful!

weepy

Back to top Go down

Backstreets Makeup Co Empty Re: Backstreets Makeup Co.

Post by BonetaBelle Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:54 pm

I just received my first order from Backstreets Makeup Co. and I am very happy with it. I ordered 10 samples for $5.00 plus $2.50 shipping, which is a great deal. The order is a gift for a friend so I have not tested these samples but April was kind enough to send me 3 free sample baggies and a free clamshell of eyeshadows. I thought this was very generous of her, considering I only spent $5! I am keeping the free samples for myself so I have swatched them. April sent me baggies of Lugh's Chain (dark bluish black with light blue sparkles), Carnival (matte forest green), Rusty Nail (sort of a dark rust colour, almost burgundy) and a clamshell of Laissez-Faire (black with red shimmer). All the colours are very pretty and swatched pretty well. Carnival is a bit sheer and was the hardest to build up to opacity but I don't mind because I think it will be more wearable as a sheer colour for myself. Laissez-Faire is much more black in person does not look nearly as purple as the online Hello Waffles swatch - http://hellowafflecosmetics.com/backstreets-makeup-co/ - but it's still nice.

One small issue I had was that my order was marked as "shipped" on Store Envy but did not arrive for a week, even though I live in the same city as Backstreets Makeup Co. April did write me a handwritten note apologizing for the delay though and responded very quickly to email so I still think the customer service is quite good. Another small issue I had was the clamshell - it's really hard to open without spilling a bit of product but maybe if I leave it for a while to settle it will be easier.

I am currently wearing Rusty Nail on my outer lid with Hello Waffles Fey on my inner corner and Mendelssohn on my center lid. I wasn't sure if I would wear such a dark colour at first but I'm in love with Rusty Nail. It applied pretty opaque and the colour is really flattering and brings out the reddish colours in my auburn hair. I also found Rusty Nail really easy to blend, even over Sephora Glitter Glue. I will definitely buy a full size when I finish my sample.

In sum, I am really happy with the eyeshadow, the customer service is excellent and I will definitely be ordering from Backstreets Makeup Co. again.

BonetaBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down