Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skin Candy Online

Go down

Skin Candy Online Empty Skin Candy Online

Post by subaru17 Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:54 pm

http://www.skincandyonline.com/home.html
subaru17
subaru17

Back to top Go down

Skin Candy Online Empty Re: Skin Candy Online

Post by subaru17 Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:03 pm

I ordered from Skin Candy Online (I add the online part because there is a tattoo company by the same name) a couple of weeks ago due to a 40% off sale. I received my order today. I had high hopes; but as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for".

For $30 (including shipping), I purchased an 8 oz whipped sugar scrub, 8 oz whipped soap, two 4 oz body butters, and four 1/3 oz rollerball perfume oils.

The wrappings were cute: cellophane bags and ribbons. I smelled a strong artificial strawberry scent when I opened the box. One of the roll ons leaked all over the invoice, business card, the other oils, and onto the bag that held the body butters. There were no seals on anything. The leaked oil smeared all the perfume labels. A paper towel helped wick away most of the mess.

I requested a mix of pineapple orchard and buttercream frosting for one of the body butters. The pineapple smells like rancid sweet plastic and completely overshadowed the buttercream frosting. I had to throw it away. I knew this when reading the ingredients, but I want to note that SCO's products are not stated to be vegan and have parabens. Not that I expect the owner to go above and beyond; but if she had smelled that combination, she shouldn't have sold it to me that way.

The quality of the overall products are mediocre. Scent names were misspelled (i.e. one said "marsmaow", another "pinappl"). All the scents are stock oils, and they aren't the best quality. Most have a plastic note to them. I do not recommend this brand, nor would I purchase from them again.

edit for update: I ended up using the whipped soap and whipped sugar scrub; both performed OK. I would buy these again if they were on sale. The pineapple orchard/buttercream frosting scent worked much better in the whipped soap than the body butter.
subaru17
subaru17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum