Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glamour Doll Eyes

4 posters

Go down

Glamour Doll Eyes Empty Glamour Doll Eyes

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:15 pm

http://glamourdolleyes.com/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Glamour Doll Eyes Empty Re: Glamour Doll Eyes

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Source
stickytapir wrote:Just make sure that when purchasing from GDE, that you take notice whether you are purchasing repackaged shadows. They do sell some along with their own blends, and do have an asterisk next to product names, which indicates that the product is 'unblended'. From the website this means

"The colors that are listed with a * by their names means that they are unblended. This means that we take minerals/pigments in its truest form besides adding powders (on most occasions) to improve slip, adhesion, blend ability and longevity. This allows us to offer a variety of colors at the customers request while still being able to spend more time creating more complex colors. This might also mean that some of these colors are close or exact dupes to other companies that offer unblended shadows as well, so please read descriptions and swatches carefully."

There's nothing wrong with that at all, just make sure that when you purchase you know it's a blend they created or one of their 'unblended' shades to avoid confusion!

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Glamour Doll Eyes Empty Samples aren't equal

Post by MyLittleLabMonkey Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 am

I ordered from Glamour Doll Eyes on the 13th of Feb, during a 50% sale. My order was shipped out on the 16th of Feb, and I received it on the 22nd of Feb. Not a long wait.

I ordered sample mini jars of the Halo collection and the Super Shadows collection (entire collection) and the one thing that stands out immediately is that they're not equal. AT ALL. Some of them are generous while others are so skimpy I might as well have ordered the samples in baggies.

The jars were sealed with shrink wrap and I did not notice anything amiss in the shadows themselves. The pigmentation is nothing to sing over. Fairly decent, I seem to have a bit of an issue with blending them out but I'll have to play with them a little more to make a better judgement call.

The one thing that really irks me is the inconsistency in their samples, though.

MyLittleLabMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:13 am

Ordered from this shop once. It was about 7 mini shadows. I avoided the repacked colors, since there is really nothing special about those.

I happened to order a few days after a limited promo was posted on their Facebook page, 4 samples of an upcoming new collection with a code.

My order shipped after 5 days. And it only took 2 days to get to me (since they are located only a few hours from where I live).

Everything was packaged up nicely and secure. The promo shadow samples were included in jars and 2 sample baggies came with it as well. There were also a few business cards for other indies included.

The shop is pretty neat and legit and I still look through it occasionally, though the colors dont really seem too spectacular or unique, and are more on the super frosty-shimmer side which isnt really my thing.

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Quixle Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:10 am

I ordered during a sale, but my order was marked shipped that same day. It showed up three business days (two weekend days) later.

I really like their packaging, it's very professional with nicely printed info cards. They included a generous GWP and two samples, despite my order being 50% off.

The colors are all very pigmented and pretty, even the repackaged ones (I didn't realize, and those are actually a couple of my favorite shades I ordered).

The website is easy to navigate, and I appreciate the swatches with the products.

Quixle

Back to top Go down

Post by 73f4f998@opayq.com Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Great products even for the unblended ones. A lot of them are my favorite, especially Dinospotz, and I am pretty sure I have never seen any shade like that somewhere else.
Generous samples and GWP, great sales
Customer service wise, amazing. I had an order full of minis that I planned to purchase as a friend's birthday and she lives overseas. Turns out her website glitched because they do not charge shipping for minis and it couldn't calculate the shipping for international orders. I shot Vee an email during late night and got a reply immediately. She solve the problem within a very short time and I placed my order immediately, but paypal messed up my order by stating that the shipping address is my own address without giving me a chance to change it. Before I was able to email Vee, she emailed me first about the shipping address and changed it for me. The package was shipped out the next day and I couldn't be more impressed by her service. I think I will buy from her forever, and ever.

73f4f998@opayq.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anaffairofcharacter Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Personally loved the colors I got and will be repurchasing...Really loved that her samples are in real (shrinkwrapped) jars, quick shipping, & no staining. Full review on my blog: http://www.anaffairofcharacter.com/2014/08/glamour-doll-eyes-indie-makeup-swatches.html#more

anaffairofcharacter

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser_dust Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:51 am

Got them as press samples and noticed they tend to go "bald" and were much harder to blend than my other indie eyeshadows since they tend to fly off/get muddy. Got educated about ingredients and found out that more of the colours I got were colours that contained no binders at all, therefore they're only micas & pigments, not eyeshadows.

eraser_dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down