Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Rose Minerals

+2
ponyproblematic
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Black Rose Minerals Empty Black Rose Minerals

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:24 pm

http://blackroseminerals.com/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Black Rose Minerals Empty Re: Black Rose Minerals

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Source
laumby wrote:I just ordered a sample set of shadows from them. It came in the other day so I haven't had time to try everything out, but the colors look beautiful! Shipping took a couple weeks, BUT it was within their stated turnaround time and they were communicative when I emailed to ask about my order.

Also, I have ordered sample packs from both Shiro Cosmetics and BRM. Both were supposedly 1/4 tsp. I haven't measured, but I got WAY more product in the Black Rose Minerals samples than the Shiro ones.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Source
stickytapir wrote:Another of my repeat purchase brands.

She also has another store front over on storenvy

Like with Detrivore as I mentioned above, they have a HUGE array of finishes, colours and collections! BRM offer mattes as well, and the quality is just as good as Detrivore's, just that some of her mattes contain slight shimmer to them. Many of her shadows will benefit from using a sticky base, but seriously her shadows are incredibly pigmented. I've swatched over bare skin and they are pretty intense.

I've tried her blushes as well, but they are shimmery ones, so not everyone's cup of tea. The colour is buildable.

I believe she is in the process of veganizing her existing products, and she has not released a non-vegan product for over a year, all new stock has been vegan friendly.

The samples are reasonably priced and come in sample bags and jars. Just a tip, when ordering the sample jars, do order the jars with sifters. This is with no additional cost, but it does help prevent some of the product from accumulating in the thread. It happens sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. Just makes life easier to have a sifer, and you can remove it when you get it Smile

Do take advtange of her multi-buy packs, because you do get some savings there, rather than buying sizes individually.

I love how each collection she puts out is well thought out, and isn't a rush to take advantage of what's popular at the moment and just slap a name to a colour with no thinking.

Shipping + TAT can take 4 weeks for me (to reach Australia) at times.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Source
ArtisticShadows wrote:I recently made an order and I love everything. I had no issues and communication was excellent! Her products are extremely pretty and have great pigmentation and staying power. I definitely recommend!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Source
Slitlily wrote:I love BRM, they site isn't the prettiest or the most well-organized, but I've ordered from them several times and everything I've received is gorgeous. My favorite shade from BRM, Cactus Flower, came in a mystery pack.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Source
cosmospolitan wrote:Something I just want to add as a note is that some of their shadows seem to contain parabens. This might be a deal breaker for some, and is relatively unusual for indie, so it might be worth knowing. Outside of that I have no knowledge of the company.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ponyproblematic Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:47 pm

Outside of some issues with long shipping time, I did really like my BRM order. The shadows were generally high-quality- a few shades were sheerer than I generally like, but seeing as I demanded that everything be a surprise, that is a risk you take.

Review on my blog here.

ponyproblematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Burg3rsandfrys Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:02 pm

sometimes goes over the TAT, but I have always received my orders, and they have been packaged well and included fun extras. I really liked my order and don't mind the long shipping time as long as I get my order eventually.

Burg3rsandfrys

Back to top Go down

Black Rose Minerals Empty LONG tat....

Post by kMc. Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:01 pm

TAT of about...80 days? And fingerprints under the sticker labels. She was nice about how long past the listed TAT the order was, and didn't deny that it was her fault. She also included a full size extra, but honestly I kind of lost excitement for the order since it took so long. Probably wouldn't order again, unfortunately, though I do like my shadows.

kMc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:26 am

Shop is bullshit. Owner will not work with you and basically does whatever she wants, including not sending your order in due time, then pretending to send it when you file a Paypal dispute. Refuses refunds for orders not received. TAT goes past Paypal dispute time and changes frequently. I do not believe this is a legit shop.

When you order at this shop the TAT at your time of order means absolutely nothing. If the TAT goes up after your order then so does the TAT for your order you placed previously, which I do not at all agree with.

Last edited by Weynard_Muldrake on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Post by jenjenl Sat May 17, 2014 5:17 am

Eyeshadows were nice, but not nice enough to justify the excessively long turn-around-time. I can't remember exactly how long it took, but I think was about 3 months for me to receive my small (less than $30 worth) package. I'm in Australia so I'm used to waiting at least 2 weeks but not this long. Unless the TAT is drastically improved, I don't think I'll be ordering from them again in the future.

jenjenl

Back to top Go down

Black Rose Minerals Empty Just don't

Post by Meeoooooow Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:29 am

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

The turn around time (currently on her website) is 14-30 days. The first package I ordered from her, took over a month to ship. My second order did not ship and after two months I emailed her. She had packed up my package in her move and never sent it out, but promised to send it the next day with free samples. Okay, fine, mistakes happen. She still did not send it out and it took over a month for me to get in contact with her. I even wrote a message on her personal facebook, which she posted on daily. So, she recieved it, she just ignored me. Refused to give me a refund even though I had been waiting for months. Eventually, she did send the package.

Too bad that her customer service is so awful because the shadows are actually a nice quality. They feel very smooth and are easy to apply. Pigmentation is good as well. I hate the packaging because they always seem to leak.

Meeoooooow

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtisticShadows Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:07 am

I love Black Rose Minerals products, but the TAT is extremely long and I had to contact Rosa multiple times towards the end of the TAT only to find out there was a problem with PayPal and she never received my order (even though she said she got it weeks before hand). After we found out the problem and I sent screenshots of payment and the details of my order, Rosa sent it out within a few days which was nice.

I really do love the products Rosa makes. The colors are always gorgeous and the formula is great, I just wish there wasn't such a long TAT. She was very fast at responding to all my emails though, which I appreciate!

ArtisticShadows

Back to top Go down

Post by CocytusG Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:48 pm

My first order with BRM was great: long TAT, but I loved all of the eye shadows I received, and I was really looking forward to my next order.

My second order was a horrendous experience: after two months with no update on my late order, I contacted the owner. She said she'd be getting around to the order eventually, but it was already well past her TAT and she didn't give a new time frame to expect my order. As soon as I told her I'd rather cancel the order because it was so late, she ceased communication with me, but refused to acknowledge that I wanted the order canceled. I opened a dispute through Paypal, and she marked the order as shipped for Paypal and Storenvy, which was a LIE: the tracking information she provided states the package never made it to a facility. I informed Paypal of the extraneous situation, and they pretty much immediately issued my refund and canceled the order for her.

It's a shame because the owner makes great product, but until she can clean up her business practices, I absolutely recommend AGAINST BRM. This last experience I had with her was borderline fraudulent.

CocytusG

Back to top Go down

Post by retrostereo Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:39 pm

I had a mixed experience with BRM. On one hand, I had to repeatedly email her to ask about my order, which was eventually sent about 3 months after I ordered. On the other, the shadows are lovely and she included a 40% off code to apologise. I haven't re-ordered from her as I'm wary of having to chase her up again, but I may in the future.

The shadows themselves are nice, especially the mattes. Very blendable, and easy to work with.

retrostereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down