Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Hand Washes the Other (OHWTO)

5 posters

Go down

One Hand Washes the Other (OHWTO) Empty One Hand Washes the Other (OHWTO)

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:40 pm

http://ohwto.com/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

One Hand Washes the Other (OHWTO) Empty Re: One Hand Washes the Other (OHWTO)

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Source
seashells15 wrote:I had a bad experience buying from this company. I ended up opening a PayPal dispute because my package still hadn't shipped well past the stated turnaround time and they consistently failed to reply to my emails. I described my original issue here (http://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/comments/172na1/what_do_you_do_if_your_indie_order_is_way_late/) and provided an update here (http://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/comments/17c6v1/update_on_the_way_late_indie_package_one_hand/). A lot of folks have had no problems buying from this brand, but based on my personal experience with them, I no longer feel comfortable purchasing from them.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Source
stickytapir wrote:
Have been purchasing for close to 2 years now from OHWTO.

The majority of what I own are her exclusive blends, and I have maybe 2 or 3 of the stock blends. All the perfumes are packaged quite thoughtfuly, the labelling looks great, and most importantly, the quality of the perfume is excellent. I tend to purchase the solid perfumes, due to their convenient packaging and pricepoint, and find they generally have a wear time of 3-4 hours on my skin (keep in mind, wear time is wholly dependent on your own skin chemistry). There is a range of complex, dark scents to the more simplistic, fun, fresh types.

I've also tried the Black Magic bar soap and scrub. I've had great results with these, and use them both regularly. I've found the scrub to be gentle enough to use daily on my skin (combination-oily-acne prone). The bar soap does not dry my skin, and does leave it softer.

The TAT have traditionally been quite long with OHWTO, and I remember a period where they used to be 18-22 days. I've read that she's working on cutting down the time, and I've seen it recently to 7 days, and that she's focussing on selling stock she has on hand and not whipping up batches to order.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Source
Araxias wrote:
I had some minor issues with this company. For the most part it was my fault because I did not realize their TAT didn't include weekends (I'm an Indie newbie) but some issues I did have was the lack of communication they took two days to respond to an e-mail about my order and their reply was a little snarky. However I absolutely love their Black Magic soap, it has made such a change in my face in just two days! I got a few samples of their solid fragrance and fell in love. I actually made another order to buy a full size Black Magic cream soap (since they are out of the bar) and a bunch of their solid fragrances. This company has great products but be a little wary of their customer service and communication.

EDIT: I made another purchase from them because I really loved their solid scent samples and their Black Magic face soap. The second order shipped in like three days compared to the first order which took 13 days. Their solid scents are amazing and quite long lasting, I also picked up a lip balm which is awesome and their cream soap which I much prefer over the bar!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Source
orata wrote:I have heard their Black Magic soaps/cleansers are amazing. I've tried some of the solid perfumes (someone sent them to me as an extra in a swap) but I didn't remember them being anything special (I think many of them are stock scents, not exclusive/custom blends). I haven't ordered from them, though.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Source
symmetryeal wrote:Great products, but the turnaround time was longer - although shipping to Canada is always an issue. Interesting limited scents and quite a range. The Black Magic soap is amazing for oily or acne prone skin.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Source
Slitlily wrote:
I've ordered from OHTWO many times, my go-to scents are Black + Blue and Hivemind. However, I'm currently still waiting on an order I placed July 4th. It does have a 'Snayk Oyle' in it, which they state right on the listing may add a few days to the TAT, which is 10-14 business days. Yesterday (Friday) marked the 21st business day, assuming they do not count Saturdays as business days. If they do, it's about the 25th or 26th business day. I've sent several emails to them, and none have been replied to. This is making me sad, as I love their Black Magic soap and many of their scents.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s_n_s Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:01 pm

I just recently ordered from OHWTO and was totally excited to get it! I ordered it on September 15 and received it on October 1st within the TAT posted on the website. I believe my order took a little longer because I requested a number of sample sizes of her Halloween perfume.

I purchased the mini black magic scrub, and a black magic bar of soap, along with sample sizes of her Halloween perfumes: Burning Times, Ravensblood, Equinox, Pumpkin Bread Pudding, Slenderman.

Everything arrived perfectly intact and wrapped up neatly with a nice little hand written thank you! There was candy, cute little Halloween toys, a puzzle and ring, and stickers and samples! So far I am loving the soap which smells, well, not very good but feels fantastic on the face. The fact that it doesn't smell flowery or overpowering is a selling point for me actually, I want the good stuff not the smelly stuff - if that makes sense.

The perfumes are wonderful, subtle but with staying power, Ravensblood is so far my favorite.

The prices are good and reasonable, the perfumes enjoyable, and as long as the black magic soap doesn't break me out I think it might be a key stocking stuffer this year for family and friends.

10/10; would buy from again.

s_n_s

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 pm

http://www.indieknow.net/2013/08/company-overview-ohwto.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

One Hand Washes the Other (OHWTO) Empty Shipping Issues

Post by SyntheticMemories Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:49 pm

I ordered some sample perfumes and some of the famous OHWTA Black Magic Soap...went over the TAT, had to e-mail and 4 days latter I finally got a e-mail from paypal letting me know the order had gone out. Never did receive an email directly from OHWTA letting me know anything.

My oily skin does love the black magic soap and I went on to order again after I ran out, shipped in the TAT time.

SyntheticMemories

Back to top Go down

Post by thewindupbirds Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 pm

I find myself really conflicted about OHWTO. On one hand, their prices are totally amazing and they do have some really nice scents. However, most of them are quite simple--even when a ton of notes are listed, only a few jump out on me. I find their earthy/light scents work better on me than the gourmand ones, which come off a bit flat.

The big issue is, of course, their MASSIVE TAT. It's almost absurd. I'm fine with a big TAT from a huge company like BPAL that gets hundreds and hundreds of orders, but (despite their popularity in some smaller communities), there's no denying that OHWTO is one of the smaller perfume brands. So waiting a month for two bottles is kind of obnoxious. Also, this is a small quibble, but the labels are really low quality compared to every other indie perfume company I've tried.

They do have some really nice smells--of their regular blends, I really like Carnivale, and Se7en from the Halloween line is magic on me, but in general I find it not worth the hassle unless it's a smell I just HAVE to have.

thewindupbirds

Back to top Go down

Post by Burg3rsandfrys Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:20 am

I have had many problems with this company. I stopped ordering from them about 6 months ago and I rarely ever received any of my orders within the TAT. Also, in the last package I got, one of the oils arrived broken and the owner refused to have any kind of communication whatsoever-I emailed her a few times trying to get it fixed and she never responded. If you like good customer service and prompt responses to your queries, don't order from OHWTO. Most of their scents didn't really wow me, and the ones I liked I easily found dupes elsewhere, like the dandelion wine.

Burg3rsandfrys

Back to top Go down

Post by subaru17 Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Aside from one perfume I didn't like, I have enjoyed every perfume oil I have ordered from OHWTO. I agree the turnaround time is long, but I think they are worth the wait.

subaru17

Back to top Go down

Post by xodanielleelise Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:58 am

I ordered from her very late in the day during the New Year's Eve sale. I was pleasantly surprised that it was shipped on 1/8 & I received it on 1/11. I ordered 2 solids and a 2ml mini and she included 2 sample solids, candy, & stickers! Everything was packaged beautifully & arrived in perfect condition. I only ended up liking one of the perfumes, but as I've loved some of hers that I've gotten through destashes, that was in no way indicative of the quality (perfumes are so subjective anyways). Overall it was a great experience & I'd be happy to order from her again!

xodanielleelise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum