Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fortune Cookie Soap

2 posters

Go down

Fortune Cookie Soap Empty Fortune Cookie Soap

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:05 pm

http://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fortune Cookie Soap Empty Re: Fortune Cookie Soap

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Source
anxiouslittlefucker wrote:I ordered from FCS once and had a really good experience overall. The package arrived in a reasonable time (they make the soaps by hand before they ship which sometimes takes a few days.) About the products: They have some really unique scents, some I wasn't crazy about, and some I LOVED. Their Sugar Scrub body scrubs and Whipped Creme body butters are amazing. I also really enjoy the classic fortune cookies shaped soaps-and the fortunes that come inside them. They're just adorable.

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimangoes Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:30 pm

I was briefly a subscriber to their Soap Box and placed one stand alone order. Items shipped reasonably prompt and arrived safely. Customer service is responsive and cordial. Products are about on par with what you can find at a Bath & Body Works.

I no longer buy from them as my tastes have changed, but I would feel comfortable recommending them to someone who enjoys strongly fragranced products with predominantly simple scents (fruits/flowers/etc.)

kiwimangoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashells15 Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:22 pm

FCS is one of the most popular indie bath companies, especially on YouTube, but the more I tried... the less impressed I was. None of the products worked nearly as well as I wanted them to. The lotions were greasy and never sunk in, the cuticle balms even moreso, the eponymous soaps took SO MUCH WORK for the tiniest bit of lather and left my skin feeling coated in scum, the single shower steamer I tried arrived crumbled and fizzed pitifully when I tried to use it... yeah. The only products I enjoyed using were the hand sanitizers (highly recommended, much more enjoyable to use than the ubiquitous lemon scent in mainstream stuff, but same alcohol content so I feel they're just as effective), the bath salts (scent the water nicely), and the little bath bombs (except the one I used left a pink ring around my tub).

Also, almost every scent that I tried smelled overly sweet and artificial. I wasn't a fan.

That said, very nice customer service and if you like the products you should definitely sign up for the nicely packaged quarterly Soap Box.

Seashells15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirensongofdeath Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:09 am

FCS is growing so fast I'm not sure how much longer it will be considered an indie, that said- I feel they are popular for a reason.

I've tried a wide variety of their products now and have not experienced quality issues at all. I've had one issue with packaging- a bit of a leak occurred, but very little was lost and nothing else damaged. Their CS got back to me ASAP and gave me a 10% off code for my next purchase, very nice I thought.  The quality is pretty good for the price. General catalog is rather dull, but quarterly launches usually include a variety of scents (gourmand, fruity, floral, earthy, clean etc.)  The scents do lean more simple than complex, but I actually find that appealing. To me their apple, strawberry, and cherry notes smell like hard candy versions of those fruits-not realistic, I've tried fruity blends of theirs with different fruit notes and those did smell true to life.

Their whipped cream body butter is the #1 seller, it is an HG for me it's somehow lightweight but very moisturizing (I have psoriasis so most stuff does not cut it). Their perfume oils last very long for indies, almost all day. Hand sanitizer (OCD) smells wonderful and is really nice to have around. Body wash is also great, I don't feel dry after using it. The bath bombs/ bubble bars are fun but I don't find them particularly special, same goes for their cookie soaps, bar soaps, lip balms and hair oil.

My largest complaint is due to their rapid growth their quarterly launches are utterly insane. As soon as the launch party video ends you must be lightening quick to get stuff in your cart and check out ASAP or you may miss out on an item. It can be fun and exhilarating, but also disheartening if you miss out on something as you won't get to use the launch coupon for future purchases when the item is restocked.

I think FCS is great for indie newbies and/or people who prefer more simple scents.

Sirensongofdeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down