Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shiro Cosmetics

+8
vanillabreeze
Mephodine
Berkshire0629
secretcarnivalworker
HoneyflakeApparently
Weynard_Muldrake
ponyproblematic
Admin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shiro Cosmetics Empty Shiro Cosmetics

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:42 pm

http://shirocosmetics.com/

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shiro Cosmetics Empty Re: Shiro Cosmetics

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Source
orata wrote:I love Shiro! Big love for the Intertubes (especially Zoidberg, lovely coral shade), which are like a slightly balmy/waxy lipstick, and the Color of the Month concept. I keep buying because of the COTMs... TARDIS and The Tears of Retail Employees most recently. The eyeshadows tend to have a TON of fine glitter/sparkle, which may be perfect for some people but is a little too glittery for my personal tastes most of the time. (And yet I keep buying them...)

The concepts are great, packaging is adorable, the site is fun to browse, and most collections feature really good pictures and on-skin swatches. I wish there was a "view by color" feature for the shadows, in case e.g. I'm looking for a gray shadow but don't want to click through every collection looking for all of them.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Source
seashells15 wrote:I love everything about Shiro! I've ordered from them several times and haven't received a single dud product. I have also received excellent customer service. I feel their eyeshadows are really well priced; I have purchased full size products from hem and always feel like I get what I pay for. I love how imaginative they are, and I love how they've started collaborating with artists to create beautiful packaging for their products.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Source
thepandasmash wrote:If I could only explain how much I love Shiro in one sitting Mad I have many of her shadows, and I think all of the collections in general. The shadows are smooth, pigmented and well thought out to match with the names they represent. Plus hello? POKEMON!? it makes my geeky side just scream with joy and happiness. Caitlin is also a doll, she remembers every time I order, and even drew Bidoof on some invoices for me, taking that much time out of her day made me smile, and considering I got that package a day I was very ill in bed, it made me feel so much better Smile If you haven't ordered from them at least once, you should, even if it's just some samples. The TAT is two weeks, but she gets everything out always by that time, so it's a bit long, but it's well within range of most indies.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Source
carnyae wrote:So far,I've only purchased their full size There and Back Again: A Hobbit collection which I'm really happy with. Love the packaging - Jesus Christ on a cracker, the stickers! - as well as the pigmentation and quality of the shadows. I'm very much interested in their Intertubes collection after seeing Prettymaking's swatch posts and I'll most likely drop some cash on those once I gather up some money. I also really like that samples are tossed into each order as well as some candy.

What threw me off of this brand for the longest time is the website and this is my problem with a lot of other indie brands as well. I can't help it as someone who works in the internet marketing field and as a person with great interest in aesthetics and web design - a company's web site, in my mind and in some cases, reflects their products. Cheap, goofy looking site with some wonky search functions? Their products are most likely sub par. I was well proven wrong by this when I came across great reviews and swatches but still - no matter what kind of book one may be, their cover will always be judged.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Source
cosmospolitan wrote:I love Shiro, but I've noticed that some of the lighter colours don't sit well with my body chemistry sometimes for some reason. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced it, but some of the champagne/gold colours darken and turn a copper colour on my eyelid.

Aside from that, gorgeous colours, good customer service and outside of colour-changing, I've never been let down by their products. Seconding the love for Why Not Zoidberg! and also the sentiment about the shimmer- there's a lot of it. For that reason, I'll go to them for 'night' or 'dramatic' colour but not for your neutral day looks.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Source
symmetryeal wrote:Only tried their intertubes and gloss, also a few eyeshadow samples - but all were great. Fantastic service. Will buy from again, but definitely recommend!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Source
Araxias wrote:I bought some intertubes, eyeshadows and a blush. Really happy with my experience, my stuff was shipped on the last day of the TAT period (I had a pretty big order) but it actually got to me within a day. I wasn't expecting it till Monday and I got it today! Their intertubes are awesome! I've only swatched their eyeshadows but they are really gorgeous! And the blush is my new favorite blush!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Source
aikoekadan wrote:I just received my first order yesterday and I am blown away. It shipped in just over half the stated TAT, so that was a pleasant surprise in itself. I ordered 10 sample eyeshadows and 3 sample intertubes, and there were two bonus shadow samples in my order! Not only that, they were along the lines of the colors I'd already ordered. I don't know if it was chance or if Caitlin specifically picked colors similar to what I'd ordered, but I was impressed that she seemed to have intentionally given me bonus colors I would actually wear.

I haven't worn any of it so far, just swatched, but I am extremely pleased with the swatches. Pigmentation is great, and application is smooth and even. The intertubes were even the exact same color on me that they were in the package, and I think that's the first time in my life that's happened.

There was also candy in my bag. You can't really go wrong there. I would happily recommend Shiro to anyone!

Swatches of my order can be found Here

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Source
immacatulate wrote:Totally in love with Shiro. Always had good service and the colours and their payoff are out of this world. Lots of them are quite glittery, though, but there are some gorgeous mattes there too.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Source
edible_midna wrote:Adding a link to my own Shiro Review, you can find it here.

In short, Caitlin replaced my package once and then refunded my money when the replacement package didn't arrive. Shiro is awesome.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shiro Cosmetics Empty Lovely quality and service

Post by Anon Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Shiro is great! Wonderful eyeshadows, definitely. I think the intertubes are kind of "eh", honestly. I got Zoidberg and it lasts about 10 minutes before I need to re-apply. But, overall, good products and fast shipping.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post by ponyproblematic Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Shiro is pretty great. I reviewed them here and was quite impressed. Lots of lovely sparkles.

ponyproblematic

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieBeavs Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Shiro is wonderful! I've bought about 14 eyeshadows from them and received another 12 from a giveaway I won. Along with these, Caitlin sent me 5 samples (3 and 2 I think) and I have loved EVERY single one. They blend really well and last really well on me. I only use the milk pencil from NYX with no primer and they still last for as long as I could want. Besides, the names always make me laugh. Smile

StephanieBeavs

Back to top Go down

Shiro Cosmetics Empty Shiro My Hero.

Post by _Freakazoidd_ Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:56 am

The Good:

- The Themes: Shiro is not the only cosmetic company to have collections themed after my geeky interests (Zelda, Game of Thrones, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc.) BUT I feel like Caitlin most accurately captures the essence of each eyeshadow's namesake. And the packaging is always to die for.

-The Colors: Oh man. Those guys sparkle like no other. I like how each shade has it's main color to it but then will have like added glitter in a different color, making it very multi faceted and I think that is SO hard to find in mainstream makeup. One of my favorite shades is Cake because it is predominantly like ac ream color but it has flecks of red in it that shine so beautifully in certain lights. I also like the color payoff of Shiro's shadows. Whether pressed or loose, they are always very pigmented and have great wear time.

-The Price: I am a broke college student. Shiro has saved my wallet a lot of pain and suffering. Not only is Shiro more affordable than your mid-range mainstream makeup, but the wide selection and amazing prices give me the opportunity to try out many different shadows and looks without breaking the bang, something that would be too expensive with even drugstore makeup.

-The Customer Service: Caitlin is an angel. She lets you request which free samples you wish to include with your order and she actually takes the time to read the notes you leave for her on your orders. And she responds! I've seen some adorable and hilarious drawings on other people's receipts that have really put a smile on my face. Caitlin seems to genuinely care about her customers and it really shows through in her customer service.

The Not So Good:

- The Intertubes: I recently purchased a few full sized intertubes because the photos on Shiro's website made them look so bold and gorgeous. Most of the ones are got are advertised as buildable to full opacity. This was not the case with Trololo, an orange shade that I was particularly excited for. I was really disappointed when I put Trololo on my lips and you couldn't even see the color. I ended up giving that one to a friend. Other colors such s Why not Zoidberg? and Magnets showed up to be pretty opaque, however. I was also dissatisfied with the gritty texture of the intertubes. I know this is common but it was simply something I was not used to with my lip products. This, however, can be easily fixed by warming up the intertubes in the microwave a bit to get it to melt and mix better (or so I've heard).

OVERALL:

I recommend Shiro a million times over and I pretty much will end up giving her all my money over time. The end.

_Freakazoidd_

Back to top Go down

Shiro Cosmetics Empty Love Shiro <3

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 pm

I love my Shiro shadows. Ive just put in my 4th order. I really enjoy the themes and the color of the month. I love that sample sizes are available for a really low price too. I like that she is active with her customers, through Reddit and FB.

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyflakeApparently Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 pm

I have received two orders from Shiro, and I am continually impressed by their products! Here are my favorite things (and a not so favorite thing).

1) The themed collections are so fun. While not all of them are my cup of tea, there seems to be something to interest everyone, and the fact that I may not be super interested in a certain theme(s) hasn't stopped me from ordering the gorgeous colors in it(them).

2) Eyeshadows. The colors themselves are fantastic! I wish there were more mattes (but since Detrivore is going to be sold through Shiro soon, there will be no lack of them [So excited!]) but there seems to be a nice range from matte all the way up to full-on glitterbomb. I'm used to using drugstore to mid-end eyeshadows, and I consistently overlook everything I have in favor of Shiro's shadows. They are smooth, easy to blend, and the complexity can't be beat!

3) Concerning lips: I have some of Shiro's glosses and an intertube. I love the color payoff of most of them, and the lip glosses wear just as well (if not better) than any gloss I've tried, plus they smell amazing! The one downside to any of their products is the grittiness in the intertubes. About a week after I received mine, it started getting gritty. This isn't a deal-breaker for me, as I find that once I dab it on my lips, it pretty immediately melts back down to it's original consistency. The colors are wonderful, and the formula works well for me, as I get nervous about wearing lipstick in public.

4) And this one is important: Customer Service! I haven't heard a bad thing about Shiro, as far as their customer service is concerned. I've interacted with Caitlin one time on this level, as some full-sized shadows were left out of my order. She got back to me immediately (well after business hours), provided my tracking number, and had the missing shadows plus two more samples in the mail the next morning!

Overall, I find Shiro to be a great company, and will be a long time customer!

HoneyflakeApparently

Back to top Go down

Shiro Cosmetics Empty Adore the Shiro!

Post by beanx Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Shiro was my second Indie purchase (first was Meow - FABULOUS foundations!!!) and I am HOOKED. I have actually stopped buying all kinds of shadows and palettes (ok, with a few exceptions), and have a growing collection of Shiro's AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS shadows. The colors are absolutely incredible, they are very well pigmented, easy to work with (a primer or shadow base is really a must, IMO). Big fan of a number of the lip products - Magnets, Photogenic, etc. Not a HUGE fan of the Nic Cage glosses, but that's a personal preference thing, and no reflection on Shiro's innovativeness and quality. I recommend Shiro to everyone I interact with regarding makeup. I should probably do some pressings with some of the MANY shadows I've gotten, but they are just so beautiful loose, and I fear completely botching the process Smile

beanx

Back to top Go down

Post by secretcarnivalworker Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:57 am

You guys...I have close to 100 eyeshadows from Shiro and I think I'm obsessed! I'm also not a huge fan of the Nic Cage glosses (maybe because I don't like lip gloss in general) but I can understand why people love them. Shiro is such a great company overall, though. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

secretcarnivalworker

Back to top Go down

Shiro Cosmetics Empty Shiro!

Post by Phrenologics Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Super impressed with Caitlin's customer service!

1. When I ordered from Shiro four days ago I totally didn't even process the TAT. After realizing that the TAT window would mean the shadows were going to arrive while I was four hours away visiting family I asked if she could change the address to my home one. Instead she's sending them out tonight, way ahead of schedule so I don't have anything to worry about, which rocks because I wanted to swatch these with my sister Smile And is no small deal either because I put in an almost $70 order, almost a third of which was just samples so that must've taken awhile to put together!

2. I originally in the comments section had requested an intertube sample and asked if it could be changed to a pink colored shadow for my sister so she could have her own treat since she's not big on lip colors and Caitlin said it was no problem!

This may be my first order with Shiro but it for sure won't be my last. Response within an hour and she was super friendly about everything! Some of the best customer service I've ever encountered. Very pleased <3

Phrenologics

Back to top Go down

Post by Anileda Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Shiro was my first Indie purchase, and I was definitely not disappointed. The eyeshadows are incredible! I bought about six to try, and all of them are absolutely stunning, with a lot more sparkle than found in most pictures or swatches.

Shipping was quick and within her projected timeline, and everything came safely packaged and sealed. I also received a few (delicious) pieces of candy and three samples.

I will definitely be buying again for more pretty colors. Smile

Anileda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms_Sixie Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:55 pm

I've ordered from Shiro once so far, and fully intend to order from them again. My order consisted of two custom lip glosses, and an Intertube sample.

My order arrived in a white bubble mailer. The products themselves were wrapped up in a white paper bag. My order arrived in early April, so Caitlin included a small bag of Sour Patch Bunnies candy (Sour Patch Kids, except with bunny ears) with my order. That little nod to the season made me smile. Everything that I ordered happened to be in a purple shade of some sort (what can I say, I love me some purple). I definitely appreciated the fact that Caitlin recognized this--she generously included two free sample baggies of her famous eyeshadows, both in shades of purple! That was a very thoughtful gesture on her part.

I ordered one of the custom glosses in Moderate, and one in Opaque. When I tried them, I realized that Caitlin must have accidentally switched them--the one that I had originally ordered in Moderate arrived Opaque, and vice-versa. I haven't said anything to her about it, though, because I am still very pleased with the products. Her lip gloss formula is just lovely, with excellent coverage and pigmentation.

I definitely give Shiro top marks. Their products are high-quality and extremely reasonably priced.

Ms_Sixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Mon May 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Dont actually know how many times Ive ordered from this shop now. Maybe 6, 7?

Anyway, my most frequent order was during the anniversary sale. Got lots of custom glosses, some full size shadows, and some samples. The glosses came out really nice, esp the custom color one. The order was shipped out very fast too, even though the order volumes were super high. I felt like a pain in the ass ordering 8 at once, but I think she had fun with them Smile

One of the glosses ended up having a scent other than the one I had ordered. I didnt intend to do anything about it, as it was a tolerable scent and I know they are hella busy with hundreds of orders and 1 mistake out of an order of 33 items is not really a big deal. But I was surprised to find an email with a store credit for that one gloss when Caitlin saw my haul post on Reddit. For her to stumble upon my post and track down which order I was with only the info of what the items were is friggin amazing.  

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Berkshire0629 Sat May 17, 2014 12:30 pm

I recently made my first order during the 2014 anniversary sale. The website was easy to use, though lacking a search function on the mobile interface. I was also expecting a place to leave a note for the seller during the ordering process but nothing came up. I did forget to order 2 samples; I emailed the owner through the Contact link on the website to request to add them. She responded promptly and indicated she would throw them in as freebies instead, which I appreciated.

Shipping was within, but at the end of, the stated TAT. I expected this as I was ordering during the sale. Everything I ordered was included, as were the extra samples, GWP shadow for the sale, and an extra Detrivore lip balm freebie. Everything was packaged in a bubble mailer and arrived safely. The full size shadows and blush I ordered contained stickers over the sifters in the jars to prevent a mess. I have to admit I was slightly underwhelmed by the size of the full-size blush and eyeshadows but that's on me for not researching. In all honesty there's more of each than I'll ever use, anyway. The custom lipgloss I ordered was colored, flavored, and sized to my expectations.

I do wish the company sold a fixative for my one-stop-shopping needs. However, this was a great experience and if I want or need something from Shiro in the future I won't hesitate to order.

Berkshire0629

Back to top Go down

Post by dictura Sun May 18, 2014 4:27 am

My reigning favourite brand. I've ordered...five or so times?

1. Caitlin is great. She answers e-mails very promptly, will always answer questions, go out of her way to help you with an issue, etc. The Shiro Facebook page is very active and questions are always answered there, which makes the brand seem very accessible and friendly.

2. Shadows are my standard for indies; very pigmented, blendable, long-wearing. Not every colour is unique but there's a lot of selection and there are some real jawdroppers. I used to pine for more mattes, but now they stock Detrivore so that nitpick is invalid. None of what I've used has been a dud. They've upped their swatch game and descriptions are usually pretty good.

3. I like the geeky theme thing, mostly because I like most of the geeky themes, but also because I find that Shiro really captures what they're going for while also creating a selection of colours that wears well together. Kind of magical! I also like the fan-suggested colours of the month. They're fun to suggest/vote on and a good incentive to make an order.

4. The lip glosses are my favourite lip glosses in the world. I own eight or so? It's a problem in a good way. The scent of customs without flavour is slightly metallic, though I don't mind that. I find opaque customs can feel thick, a bit like a liquid lipstick I guess, but I like that about them.

5. My orders always tend to ship at least a few days before the end of the TAT, so I feel like they're on the ball. International shipping is a flat $7.50, which is super reasonable.

6. The candy is a great addition and I find the samples are usually thoughtfully (maybe even psychically) chosen.

7. Shiro's new website is a navigational DREAM.

Basically, the only nitpicks I've had with Shiro have been things they've worked to fix: their new website allows for sort by colour and finish, you can order blush samples now, they've discontinued the Intertubes to work on a new formula, etc. Mostly I'm just excited to see what they replace Intertubes with and what they'll do next. Because it's very likely I'll buy it.

A+, endless wishlist.

dictura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next