Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fyrinnae Cosmetics

+11
clevernomdeguerre
vanillabreeze
Mephodine
ashhole613
Weynard_Muldrake
daisyismydog
STR33TL16HT
d_bag
speakstruth
anaffairofcharacter
Admin
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fyrinnae Cosmetics Empty Fyrinnae Cosmetics

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:15 pm

http://www.fyrinnae.com/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fyrinnae Cosmetics Empty Re: Fyrinnae Cosmetics

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Source

orata wrote:Fyrinnae is my favorite. So many gorgeous shadows, both pressed and loose, and a range of colors/finishes from shimmery/glittery duochromes to subtle satins/sheer highlights. Pixie Epoxy is a sort of glitter glue for sparkly eyeshadows and has a cult following.

However, the website is hideous and the photos are awful (I always have to Google swatches to get an idea of what something will actually look like) and it's frequently down for maintenance. If you run into it being closed, check back frequently--sometimes it's just closed for a couple of hours. They don't do the frequent LE releases/random sales that many etailers use to drum up business, which is nice for consumers; if a new color comes out, you don't feel like you have to scramble to buy it before it sells out.

The prices are really great considering the quality of the product, shipping prices are really reasonable, and although they say things like 3 week turnaround on the front page, they've always shipped my orders in under a week. Samples are HUGE and come in a mini jar with no sifter.

The Lip Lustres are fantastic, too. Very long-wearing and comfortable to wear. I'm going to get a full size Dragon's Blood at some point. The lighter/more shimmery shades like Romantique and Ghost's Kiss are too frosty for me, though.

I have their In the Spotlight highlighter and it's a really nice, subtle yellow-gold highlighter.

Favorite eyeshadow shades: Work Safe Blue (pressed), Polar Bear (pressed, brilliant pale gold), Mephisto (loose--don't even know how to describe this color). I got lots of compliments when I walked into MAC wearing Te Amo (loose, with glitter glue)

Last edited by Admin on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Source
ddaze wrote:Fyrinnae was the first indie makeup brand I tried! Their Pixie Epoxy is just as amazing as everyone says it is, I love using it with both loose and pressed eyeshadows. The lip lustres are beautifully pigmented and the more sheer ones can be layered to be more opaque. My personal favorite is Dragon's Blood. Their eyeshadows are great quality and unique. I have TONS of eyeshadow and can honestly say there are no dupes for the Fyrinnae ones (with the exception of Marshmallow Puffs, a matte white and Snow White, a matte black). I read on their blog that certain eyeshadows are being reformulated to have less fallout, but the colors themselves won't change. Their Velvet Gel Silica Primer is a great alternative for people who are breakout prone (like me!) or sensitive to primers that contain silicones. I've sampled two of their blushes and they seem to be very pigmented so you need to use a light touch or a very fluffy brush.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Source
thepandasmash wrote:Fyrinnae has and always will be my absolute favorite indie company ever. They're shadows are so unique, and I own well over 50+ of them Mad addict much?! I don't think I have ever tried something by them I didn't like, including their lip products as well! And for someone stating about the turnaround time, they put the 21-22 day on as a buffer in case something were to happen. I have ordered from them 10+ times and it's never taken more than 7 days for them to ship anything Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Source
seashells15 wrote:Fyrinnae has the most unique products I've found yet, most notably the Pixie Epoxy, the Arcane Magic shadows, and the Lip Lustres. I have not had the opportunity to experience their customer service so I can't comment on that. My order shipped within the stated turnaround time and arrived very quickly.

Also: their products are dirt cheap, especially considering what great quality they are. I ordered a ton of samples from them at $2 a piece. When I opened my package, I pulled out what looked like minis - a ton of product in little clear jars. The samples alone will last me ages.

Editing to add: I wasn't sure what to make of my Lip Lustre in Romantique, because I need to warm it in my pocket to get it soft enough to apply. Then I tried Dragon's Blood on /u/orata's suggestion, and I'm pretty sure I owe her my firstborn because the formula is exquisite and the color is my perfect red.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Source
yvva wrote:LOVE them! The pixie epoxy is unreal and i highly recommend getting this product. It really makes their pigments and other pigments show their true depth. And the stuff is like glue. I haven't used it for glitter yet.

They can get backed up sometimes, but when I recently ordered, I didn't have a problem with a long wait time.

VERY reasonable prices.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Source
symmetryeal wrote:Fyrinnae got me into indie makeup. Absolutely gorgeous shadows, generous samples, and fantastic lip products. Will purchase from them again and again.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Source
JessyJK wrote:I love Fyrinnae. I ordered from them several times and my orders always came nicely packaged with an extra freebie. The colours are to die for and I am super happy with all of them. I always order mini eyeshadows because I have a bunch and I couldn't use up a full size pot! The only downside is that shipping is ridiculously long. Usually it takes to get to me cca 1 month, but last time it took 2!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fyrinnae Cosmetics Empty Love these shadows!

Post by Anon Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:20 pm

The shadows are truly GORGEOUS and the Pixi Epoxy is great (and I'm picky).

I was a little intimidated to order because of the absurdly long TAT... but I found that my stuff actually showed up MUCH sooner than the online TAT indicated, which was a lovely surprise!

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post by anaffairofcharacter Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:41 am

First indie brand I ever tried! Order came within 2 weeks in Summer 2012 despite the mega long TAT at the time. I loved Mephisto (now has been significantly reformulated) and the large sample size. Although they have been around for a while, their prices have gone up and the stores closes CONSTANTLY.

anaffairofcharacter

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 am

http://www.indieknow.net/2013/12/company-overview-fyrinnae-indie-overlord.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by d_bag Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:26 pm

I absolutely loved all the products I ordered from this company. The pixie epoxy makes all of my shadows (other than mattes) look stunning, the eyeshadows were jaw-droppingly beautiful, and the lip lustres felt great and looked even better. The sample sizes for the lip lustres was very small, and I only got a few uses before I couldn't get anything out of the tube. The shipping was extremely fast, despite their ridiculous TAT. The packaging was beautiful, and they included a free sample which I appreciated.

Unfortunately, I don't support them any longer due to the way they run their business. One of the owners posts cryptic messages on twitter, and frequently deletes them if they get noticed. Their website looks like it got stuck in the late 90's. They constantly shut down the site without any notice and bring it back up without notice as well. I just feel there are too many great indie companies without all the drama that I would prefer to support. It's a shame that this company has such potential yet runs their business so sloppily.

d_bag

http://www.reddit.com/u/diarrhea_bag

Back to top Go down

Post by STR33TL16HT Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm

I first ordered from Fyrinnae in June 2013. Despite the long TAT of 3-4 weeks, my order was shipped within four days. I have made a few orders since then, and they have all been shipped within a single week.

The Fyrinnae products are truly excellent, and they are some of my favorite indie products. The shadows are of really high quality, with great pigmentation and fantastic longevity. I am a fan of their neutrals in addition to the Arcane Magic line, which Fyrinnae says are *not* duochromes - they're color-changing depending on the light (the distinction is sort of lost on me). They are some of the best indie eye shadows I've tried, and I appreciate that they seem to last 7+ hours without creasing or significant fading.

The Pixie Epoxy is an HG item for me. It works super well for shimmery shades and duochromes, but it makes mattes look patchy. EDIT: I actually prefer Darling Girl's Glitter Glue at this point because it's not quite as tacky as Pixie Epoxy. I think PE has the stronger foiling effect, but I have a moderately difficult time blending shadows over it and using more than a single color in one look. I'm totally willing to chalk this up to user error and admit that PE might be a better option than GG for someone more talented than I am, so that's something to keep in mind!

The lip lustres are also wonderful - very smooth and easy to apply. They are *not* sticky or gloss-like... they're more of a liquid lipstick than anything.

Unfortunately, the shop closes sporadically, and I've been really unimpressed with some of the drama surrounding Fyrinnae (see this thread). I'm not swearing off Fyrinnae forever, but I'm probably going to wait a few months and let the shop settle down.

Last edited by STR33TL16HT on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

STR33TL16HT

Back to top Go down

Fyrinnae Cosmetics Empty Questionable customer service

Post by daisyismydog Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Lately there has been an extreme lack of communication between Fyrinnae and its customers. I used to hear from people who I recommended Fyrinnae to that the shop was closed, there was no link to purchase eyeshadows on the sidebar, they couldn't check out etc. This has started to happen so much that I do not even bother recommending Fyrinnae anymore.

As for their products, I do like them and I think they have some of the best products and prices around. Their products are incredibly pigmented and raised my expectations for makeup in general. However, at this point, I am not purchasing from them and have started to look at other companies (Darling Girl mostly, if anyone's wondering).

daisyismydog

Back to top Go down

Post by Quixle Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Fyrinnae is frustrating to order from, since they often shut down without notice, and just close the cart. When I ordered, they did ship very quickly. (~4 days)

The swatches on the site aren't very accurate. I also don't enjoy the design of the site, though it is functional.

The products are great quality and I love how unique they are. The shadows are all pigmented and smooth. The lip lustre samples are a little on the small size, it seemed like it ran out of product after two uses. They were fairly generous with free samples though.

Quixle

Back to top Go down

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Wed May 21, 2014 5:55 pm

I think this thread by another user has a valuable positive CS experience to share: http://www.reddit.com/r/Indiemakeupandmore/comments/25z5e0/update_itchy_stingy_eyelids_when_using_pixy_epoxy/

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Fyrinnae Cosmetics Empty All orders have been flawless

Post by ashhole613 Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:26 pm

What can I say that hasn't been said? The shadows were gorgeous, no leakage, and they were beautifully packaged and wrapped. The prices are always amazing for the quality you receive. I've never had an issue with any of my Fyrinnae purchases, so I've never had to contact CS for any reason. I've not experienced any issues with store closures in the last several months, which is great news!

ashhole613

Back to top Go down

Post by benoit_balls Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:02 pm

I've only had excellent experiences with Fyrinnae. Though their TAT is long on the website, they have consistently shipped within 5 days of my placing my order (or less), and because of my location, I typically receive my order two days after it has been shipped. Their samples are generous (basically the same as their mini sizes) and their prices are really reasonable. I forgot to add a Pygmy Hippo lip lustre onto my order, and they added in a full size free of charge because they were unable to alter my order at that point. Their shadows are my favorite formulation of loose shadows out there in the indie-verse, and their lip lustres are non-drying, though they do 'dry down', and are super pigmented. I also am a big fan of their Hollywood Sorcery finishing powder, and their blushes (especially Greek Goddess). I know there are website issues sometimes, which I have experienced myself, but I think this is a pretty upstanding company and I would highly recommend ordering from them.

benoit_balls

Back to top Go down

Fyrinnae Cosmetics Empty Fyrinnae Cosmetics

Post by Mephodine Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:58 pm

My only gripes about Fyrinnae are the website (it's very dated looking and frequently empties my cart) and its closing periodically, but their products are more than worth the wait and possible frustration.

I've ordered a plethora of eyeshadows, some oil control finishing powder, blush, lip lustres and of course, the holy grail Pixie Epoxy. Without PE, half my shadow collection would be useless. I have very oily lids that cause creasing within 2-3 hours. With PE, my shadows are extended to 13+ hours without creasing. It's easy to work with and lasts a very long time.

The shadows are beautiful, multidimensional and smooth as silk. Their mini sizes are very generous as well and I've only run out of one (Sugar Skulls) so far. My favorites are Rapunzel Had Extensions, Cupcake Frosting, Sugar Skulls and Nepenthe. I find the lip lustres to be very drying, but then again I do find most lipsticks to be drying, so I dab some gloss over the top. My favorite lustre is Sexy Nerd. Smile

I have ordered from them several times and will continue to do so in the future!

Mephodine

Back to top Go down

Post by vanillabreeze Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:59 pm

I had held off ordering a couple of times because I kept having poor timing and the website would be temporarily closed and it was somewhat frustrating. I'm glad I made that first order and am (and will continue to be) a repeat customer now. They have some really standout eyeshadows and I like that they have mini sizes for them. I particularly like the "ghost" shades. The lip lustres are really nice too. A lot of them are stunning but a bit bold for me. Pygmy Hippo is my favorite.

vanillabreeze

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybird11 Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 am

I've ordered some minis and Pixie Epoxy from their website. Their eyeshadows are amazing and seem to have a signature glittery and multidimensional quality. I love their swatches as they capture the colour of the shadows in the best way possible. The TAT was not poor and it was well packed. Thanks Fyrinnae!

honeybird11

Back to top Go down

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:06 am

Ordered on Halloween during a sale. 1 thing was missing from my order but was shipped promptly after I contacted them. They also included 2 other minis with the missing item, and they were colors that would go well with the other so that was neat. Items were ordered as a gift for my mom and she was pretty impressed with the colors. I think that was my 3rd order so far.

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Post by clevernomdeguerre Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Turnaround is usually very quick given their usually long turnaround time, and the eyeshadow formula is magic made flesh. Fyrinnae has something for everyone, and I haven't received an eyeshadow yet that wasn't complex, velvety smooth, and richly pigmented. The eyeshadows are so multi dimensional that I could just sit and stare at the jars. The owner is also very educated about makeup ingredients, which I really appreciate as an indie consumer. If I could only have three indie brands for the rest of my life, Fyrinnae would be one of them. Highly recommend.

clevernomdeguerre

Back to top Go down

Post by shannanabear Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:08 am

Faster turnaround time than stated (I forget how fast though). I got a mini of rapunzel had extensions and a sample of pixie epoxy, and they also threw in a mini of shenanigans! The colors are so pretty, I wear rapunzel on its own all the time. And pixie epoxy is so awesome, it makes all of my duochrome and shiny shadows last so long and look so much shinier/more duochrome-y. I am getting a full sized of rapunzel and epoxy soon, and probably the lip lustres, and other shadows.

shannanabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Dahlianeko Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:15 pm

-Even though their TAT is long, I always get mine shipped to me in about a week. The site closing is annoying, but I'd rather have a shorter TAT and site closing than my order just being dumped into a huge pile.
-Everything is always packaged nice and they always include a generous sample.
-The formulas are one of my favorites, smooth buttery shades that pack a lot of punch.
-Pixie Epoxy is great for a lot of shadows, a little goes a long way and the tube is worth it for the color payoff you get.
-The minis are a great way to try out colors.

Dahlianeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next