Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darling Girl Cosmetics

+8
Burg3rsandfrys
Weynard_Muldrake
secretcarnivalworker
luckynik
HoneyflakeApparently
speakstruth
anaffairofcharacter
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Darling Girl Cosmetics Empty Darling Girl Cosmetics

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:27 pm

http://www.darlinggirlcosmetics.com/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Darling Girl Cosmetics Empty Re: Darling Girl Cosmetics

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Source
thepandasmash wrote:I've purchased from here twice now, and I have to say I'm very impressed. The duochromes are gorgeous, they're packaged nicely, apply great and have minimal fallout from what I have tried so far. Susan is so sweet too, and everything was packed up safely, and arrived a bit faster than expected Smile

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anaffairofcharacter Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:38 am

Really unique colors and super great customer service. She also has good GWPs (a full mini size) for orders over $10 which I appreciate. Some swatches here

anaffairofcharacter

Back to top Go down

Post by speakstruth Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:09 am

http://www.indieknow.net/2014/01/company-overview-darling-girl-cosmetics.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyflakeApparently Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:03 pm

I recently received my first order from Darling Girl. It was mailed out before the end of the stated TAT and reached me two days after being mailed.

I'm supremely impressed with both Primped & Primed and Glitter Glue! Over Primped & Primed, my eyeshadow lasted about 7 hours before showing any wear at all (this is huge for me, as my eyeshadow is usually gone within two hours). I have only used Glitter Glue one time so far, over the primer, and my eyeshadow was the absolute brightest and sparkliest I've ever seen it. The color and sparkle lasted the entire 6 or so hours I wore it, and upon washing my face that night, looked exactly as it had when I applied it!

As for Darling Girl's shadows, I only own two, but they are absolutely beautiful. The shades are complex, smooth, and so fun to wear! I'll definitely be buying more in the near future!

HoneyflakeApparently

Back to top Go down

Post by luckynik Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:08 pm

[Luckynik] I have just received my first order from Darling Girl and everything was fantastic. Shipped well, nothing opened or spilled, and a nice size sample as well. Colors are gorgeous and very blend able. Can't wait to try Primped and Primed from my second order!

luckynik

Back to top Go down

Darling Girl Cosmetics Empty Lovely!

Post by rusrslythatdumb Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:14 am

I've only tried a few brands, but Darling Girl eyeshadows are my absolute FAVORITE so far!! They're smooth, there's no fallout, and the duochromes are fantastic. The shipping was pretty fast, as well. When I received my package, my add-on order that I placed a couple days after was missing, so I emailed Susan, and within MINUTES she responded and sent it out the next day! Will definitely re-purchase!!

rusrslythatdumb

Back to top Go down

Post by idkmakeup Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:13 am

Darling Girl has a wonderful selection of eye shadows, especially duochromes. The petite sizes are very generous.

The website is well organized; you can easily find certain colors or finishes (glittery, matte, duochrome).

My order shipped within a few days of ordering, which is especially impressive considering that I ordered during her winter sale. I received the package in about a week. I really appreciate that Susan gives a USPS tracking number, which let me know when to check for mail Smile(I'm in the US, so I don't know what international shipping is like).

I will definitely order from Darling Girl again. I am absolutely in love with her duochrome eye shadows!

idkmakeup

Back to top Go down

Post by secretcarnivalworker Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am

I placed an order for a few eyeshadows from darling girl recently. Her TAT that was listed on the site at the time was something like 18-21 days. My order shipped sooner than that and arrived with a few free samples and stickers in the package. Her shadows are gorgeous, richly pigmented, and just an all round excellent formula. I'm looking forward to trying her glitter glue when the store re-opens.

secretcarnivalworker

Back to top Go down

Darling Girl Cosmetics Empty One of my favorites

Post by Quixle Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:23 pm

I've been very impressed with the quality and service of this brand. I haven't had the occasion to contact Susan for anything special, but everything has shipped well within the stated TAT and she's very good about shutting down if she's too busy.

She includes her own personalized stickers and business cards and wraps everything in a cute bag. I've never had something come open during shipping.

I really like her GWP shadows, they have been some of my favorites. I actually wish you could purchase them any time.

The shadows and blush are great quality and she has some unique duochromes and lovely mattes. Glitter glue takes a little practice, but it's a nice product. Her white base is a little easier to work with than some and really makes shadows pop.

I love the organization on the website, one of the best indie websites I've seen. Being able to sort by color is much more useful to me, but you can also sort by collection, which is nice. The layout is clean and easy to navigate.

Quixle

Back to top Go down

Post by Weynard_Muldrake Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:04 am

My first order was 10 mini shadows and In Living Color shadow base. It was shipped in the lower end of the stated TAT time. I had some trouble with the shadow base so emailed the owner to ask how to use it properly, since I couldnt get anything off of it. She replied that the particular batch mine was from had an oil go weird and that she will refund me for it and ship a replacement when the batch was ready. I put in another order right after that of 10 more minis and Glitter Glue.

The replacement shadow base arrived 2 days ago and was accompanied by 2 mini blushes.

This shop has made it to my small list of "shops I need 9001 items from".

Weynard_Muldrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Burg3rsandfrys Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:19 am

I have loved literally every single thing I've gotten from here. I have made probably 5 orders now and every order has been perfect and well within the TAT. Her colors are unique and gorgeous, and she is very approachable and great with CS. Definitely would recommend to anyone.

Burg3rsandfrys

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashells15 Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm so in love with this shop! Since I'm not much of an eyeshadow person, I've been mostly going crazy for the blushes, especially from the Soft Focus line. The Kiss You Off tinted balms are marvelous. My only complaint is DG is getting so popular that things run out of stock quickly!

2/21/2015 update: My love for this shop has cooled somewhat because things run out alllll the time - especially the very popular primers. I think Susan is overwhelmed and I certainly don't blame her for it (her products are lovely and deserve their popularity!) but I haven't found myself interested in waiting for things to be in stock (seriously, where did the Watercolor Paint Pots go?) and then waiting the 20+ day average TAT to receive them. I'd still happily recommend everything I've tried, though, and will eventually get around to placing another order.

Also, eyeshadows are listed under Pigments on the top nav bar and sidebar. I had a blonde moment and was really confused about that at first.

Last edited by Seashells15 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seashells15

Back to top Go down

Post by STR33TL16HT Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:09 pm

I've ordered from Darling Girl a few times with absolutely no problems. My packages were shipped within the stated TAT, which seems to usually be between 2-3 weeks from the order date. I have been really impressed with all of my DG purchases, and I would highly recommend the company to anyone looking at indies. Zero qualms here. Here is a link to an imgur album of swatches and comments re: specific products.

Glitter Glue
I've been using Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy for over a year, but I've been recently dying to try Glitter Glue since I've heard it works with mattes and might be easier to use than PE. Oh man, is that true! Glitter Glue is a very light-weight sticky base - it just doesn't feel as heavy on my eyelids as PE. I think it's also slightly less tacky, which is perhaps why mattes actually work over it. Since it's not quite as sticky as PE, I've found that it's much easier to blend shadows over GG and create more complex looks by using different colors in the crease or outer V area (I find PE really hard to blend, so I typically only use a single all-over lid color and buff the edges). I've read some reviews that say that PE is "better" than GG in swatch tests, but I personally think GG wins over PE in terms of ease of use. I'm cool with letting my duochromes take a slight hit in overall duochromeyness if it means I can actually blend my shadows better!
Note about packaging: Glitter Glue comes in a 10 mL squeeze tube, which I think is great. It's sanitary and easy to control how much Glue you use.

Eye Shadows
All eye shadows are swatched over primer on top and primer + Glitter Glue on the bottom. I love Darling Girl eye shadows so much - the colors are absolutely beautiful, the formula is usually very easy to apply, and they last all day over primer. The last point is super important to me because I'm in the office for 9 or 10 hours most days, and I really hate it when my makeup creases or fades significantly. I feel like there are a lot of pretty eye shadows in the indie community, but they don't all have great longevity. Darling Girl's shadows are both pretty and long-lasting. Seriously, A+ shadows here.
Note about packaging: Darling Girl's petit shadows have all come in square jars with sifters, which I personally prefer since I don't press them and always depot sample baggies into jars anyway. I'm also a fan of sifters because It's possible to tap out a bit of shadow into the lid of the jar and dip your brush into the smaller amount of product. Darling Girl's packaging meets all of my personal preferences, so yay!

Blushes
I love these blushes. They're insanely pigmented (which seems to be the case for most/all loose blushes), but the formula is really easy to blend so they don't appear patchy. I really like the range of blushes that Darling Girl offers - there are some subdued, "every day" blushes for people that just want to add a bit of dimension to their face, and there are the beautiful duochromes and shifty blushes for people that want a Blush Look. It's impossible for me to resist buying a couple blushes every time I order from Darling Girl. I seriously love them.
Note about packaging: The petit blushes come in 3g jars, which is sort of a pain in the ass. They have sifters, which is always a plus, but it's basically impossible to tap off all the excess blush powder back into the lid or jar since my blush brush is LARGER than the jar. I end up wasting a lot of product every time i use the blush. (Note that full sizes come in 10g jars, so this might not be an issue with the bigger ones).

Overall
I highly, highly recommend Darling Girl Cosmetics! There's a huge range of products, and I haven't found a single dud yet.

STR33TL16HT

Back to top Go down

Post by dictura Sun May 18, 2014 2:40 am

Didn't get a shipping notification, which was a little odd (maybe it got sent to spam?), but my package arrived before her TAT was up -- impressive since I'm in Canada -- so I never asked the owner about it since it was a non-issue. Shipping was reasonable; I don't think it's a flat rate but I ordered a lot and it was $8.75, which is good for international + many products. I like that the owner has a very active Facebook presence; she seems very communicative about what's going on with the shop and responsive to customer suggestions.

Everything was adorably packaged with no spillage. The shadows I've tried so far have been beautifully pigmented, unique, and easy to blend. I haven't gotten around to all of the products I've ordered so I can't give a comprehensive review (yet), but based on my experience with the brand I'd definitely order again! A major pro: she carries a great variety of products.

Two (minor) nitpicks: what you want may sometimes be out of stock (I waited a while for Glitter Glue), and I do wish the blush minis were in somewhat larger jars for ease of use.

dictura

Back to top Go down

Post by clevernomdeguerre Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:44 pm

I have purchased only a few things from Darling Girl, but was very surprised that I wasn't blown away by her eyeshadows. Perhaps its because the colors I got were more "neutral," but I found that I had to really build them up to get any color out of them. They also weren't as smooth as many of my other indies, and as soon as I blend them all of the sparkle and much of the coloration is blown away. I'm not sure if it's the formula or user error. Perhaps her eyeshadows prefer a different base than my usual primer or a glitter adhesive.

I also picked up one blush, which I really like, and since she has an enormous selection of blush shades, I am lemming for a major blush haul. Her blush formula goes on like a dream without the intense coloration that results in clown cheeks. I have a blush obsession and her selection definitely fills it.

My order got to me at the end of stated turnaround time and was cutely packaged and included a  sample eyeshadow. I ordered four mini's, and three arrived in an average sized jar with a sifter, while one of the shades from a new collection came in a smaller jar with no Darling Girl sticker and no sifter, the same sized jar that the GWP was in. I understand if she was changing over to different jars, but I was a little confused whether or not I received the correct sizes or was upgraded.

I've never heard an unkind word about Darling Girl's products or customer service. In fact, have heard only positive things about her duochromes and blushes. I will likely pick up a few more eyeshadows when I purchase again before I make a real conclusion about her eyeshadow formula.

clevernomdeguerre

Back to top Go down

Darling Girl Cosmetics Empty Darling Girl Cosmetics

Post by BasorexicPoltergeist Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 pm

I have purchased multiple times from Darling Girl. I have never been disappointed in the quality of the service or the products. The owner, Susan, provides some of the best customer service I have encountered. She will go above and beyond to please her customers.

There are many unique products in her shop. She has a wide variety of eyeshadows, blushes, lip products, and more. I have yet to find another shop with a blush selection like Darling Girl. Darling Girl is one of my all time favorite indie shops. The tat is a bit long but it is stated on the site. I have never had a order go over tat and they are always packaged nicely. I would recommend this shop to anyone.

BasorexicPoltergeist

Back to top Go down

Post by MakeupFeb Sat May 02, 2015 1:03 pm

I received the DG Glitter in a swap (12 of them) and am really impressed with the sifting and cut of the glitter. As far as TAT's and CS go, I have no idea because I haven't orderd from them. Though I likely will when I need more glitter (which is always) Smile

MakeupFeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down