Indiemakeupandmore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Violet

5 posters

Go down

Black Violet Empty Black Violet

Post by Admin Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:15 am

http://www.blackviolet.net/

Admin
Admin

https://indiemakeupandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Black Violet Empty Re: Black Violet

Post by speakstruth Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 am

http://www.indieknow.net/2013/11/company-overview-black-violet.html

speakstruth

Back to top Go down

Black Violet Empty Beautiful!

Post by ashhole613 Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Another user placed an order for me (a surprise) and I have to say, this is my first really positive indie perfume experience. Most smell absolutely awful on me after a few minutes, but BV did not. I guess it's whatever she uses as a base that's different? I received Patisserie and Sugar Clouds. They both smelled amazing (and true to their description) on my skin. The packaging was beautifully done and it was wrapped quite elaborately. It arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Smile I strongly recommend BV if your skin is finicky like mine.

ashhole613

Back to top Go down

Post by drdimples Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Leilani, the owner, is pretty much the sweetest person ever. She is really quick to reply to emails and very very helpful! I have tried a variety of her products, some I like more than others. I think that her solids are awesome! I love the ease of application, just don't mistake it for a lip balm!  tongue  Her superfruit creme cleanser is also amazing and you really need only a tiny bit for each use! Definitely worth it! Her Triple Shower Gel is a bit on the thin side for my taste, but it does lather up well in a loofah (she is releasing a different formulation in place of this soon). Her moisturizer, HydraVeil, is also not something that I particularly enjoy.. it leaves a bit of a greasy residue on the skin and has an almost chemical-esque scent. Other than that, I really love her scents and would really recommend BV!

drdimples

Back to top Go down

Black Violet Empty Black Violet is the best!

Post by benoit_balls Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:40 pm

I LOVE Black Violet scents!! A lot of indie perfumes have been hit or miss for me, but her scents are all interesting and lovely, and most all of them are ones that I actually wear. Some didn't float my boat (like Oakmoss Gown and Ringmaster), but I still respected how great they smelled. I placed an order on September 22nd and it shipped September 30th. It arrived October 3rd. Leilani packages her perfumes very carefully, in this sort of crazy raffia mesh with plenty of tissue paper. Her scents are unique, and all of them I have tried have had decent longevity (6+ hours), and good silage without being insane. Great company!

benoit_balls

Back to top Go down

Post by vanillabreeze Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 pm

I really like the full-size roller ball perfume bottles. Some great scents. I'm a fan of the Hydraveil moisturizer and her conditioner. The Hydraveil does have a bit of an odd scent but I don't really mind it. The detangler I'm less impressed with but it smells nice. The packaging and presentation of her products is noteworthy and really a nice touch.

vanillabreeze

Back to top Go down

Post by subaru17 Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:32 am

I had a pleasant experience purchasing from Black Violet.
I placed my order: January 28th
It was shipped on: February 16th
I received it: February 20th
TAT was 14-21 business days.
The actual TAT for me was 13 days, which was more than reasonable for me.

The package was well-cushioned and fit in my mailbox; huge +1 for me because anything bigger would have had to sit at the post office, waiting to be picked up. Compact shipping materials are a deciding factor in whether I buy from a brand or not.

The cobalt blue bottles for full size perfumes feel of quality, similar to Solstice Scents' bottles (or maybe they are the same). The labels on everything are waterproof, oil-proof, and elegant. The prices are a tad higher than comparable brands, but I think everything I ordered was worth the cost.

I purchased a full bottle of Yuzu Cookies (now discontinued) and a dram bottle of Paper Dolls. I'm a bit bummed that Yuzu Cookies is discontinued because it smells so delicious and fits my gourmand appetite. Paper Dolls smells heavier on my skin than the description implies, a tad spicy. However, I would say the quality is on par with niche and better than many designer offerings out there. I received a free 1/2 dram (1/4 dram? I don't know my sizes well) of Ginger and Lace, an offering of the spring catalog.

Black Violet does occasionally close to catch up on orders or to prepare for new collections; it is announced on Facebook or the site is closed properly.
subaru17
subaru17

Back to top Go down

Post by subaru17 Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:02 am

Another great experience with Black Violet! TAT was 12 days, again within the promised time on Leilani's website.

Ordered on: March 5
Package sent: March 23
Package Received: March 26

I ordered three body butters in Patisserie, Candy Rocket (sample size), and Bavarian Apfel Cider. I also ordered a dram of Affogato perfume oil and a creme soap in Lemondrop. I am in love with all the scents. Leilani upgraded my Candy Rocket to full size and also sent a full dram of Patisserie. Color me impressed!

The body butter base is of very good quality. The scent lingers for about 3-4 hours on my skin. I have not yet tried the perfume oils or the creme soap, but I did dab a bit of creme soap on my hand. It is a tad heavier than Solstice Scents' whipped soaps. That's the best comparison I can make for now.

I will definitely be a repeat customer; I can tell a lot of love and elbow grease goes into Black Violet.

subaru17
subaru17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down